Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the P0138 code and had mechanic replace the rear 02 sensor. I also replaced the gas cap myself. The code came back. The mechanic thinks the 02 sensor may have been bad but I saw other people on here that with the same problem that said it was the Bank 1 Sensor 1 (A/F sensor) that was bad.

Does anyone know where I can find a diagram for this engine? Also is this particular sensor changeable from the top of the car?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bank 1 Sensor 1. the 4 cylinder only has 2 sensors. There is only a Bank 1 on a 4 cylinder (Bank 2 would be for 6 and 8 cylinders)Sensor 1 is the first sensor out of the exhaust manifold, Sensor 2 would be the one after the Cat. Sounds like he replaced the wrong one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he said he replaced the one behind the CAT but I think that's because what the code is actually for. I remember other threads with the same code saying the replaced the rear one and it didn't resolve the issue but they replaced the a/f one and it did. Does anyone know where I can get the diagram for this year and engine?

Here is a link to the code explanation.

He was just following what the code reader told him. i can't blame him. I just bought a code reader myself and would have changed the same one he did to start with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts