Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from dealer :x Guy tells me 2006 will have V6 + will be much bigger :x V6 and 3rd row seats :?: :?: I said what about Highlander :?: :?: He said.........Highlander will be Gas/elec only :shock: I don't see any point in making Rav bigger :x :x It is a mini Suv :lol: How would Toyota fill the void :?: :?: :?: :x

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

But that's got 200+ HP and I think that is pretty big...Not my idea of a Mini SUV :roll: Do you know the specs on it :?: :?: The ladies love the Rav and I don't see many driving the FJ :roll: The Rav is a hot seller and I can't see it :( We can always get the CRV :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
682 Posts
From what i've heard in Australia the next RAV will be bigger and more powerful to stay up with the competition and down the line Toyota might introduce a smaller 4WD to slot in below the RAV...which sounds stupid to me.

D

·
0 Posts
Actually, the FJ is not that much bigger than the RAV:
Length is 177.6" (to the Rav's 167.5");
Width is 74.6" (Rav is 70.3");
Height is 70.9" (to Rav's 65.7").

FJ engine is a 4 liter V6/ 245hp to Rav's 2.4 4C/ 161hp.

Base price of the FJ is said to be about $23,000.

J

·
0 Posts
That's ~ the size of a higlander (184x71x67), which is quit a bit bigger than a rav. It deosn't sound like much, but adding 10" in length, 4 in width and 4 in height makes it much bigger than the rav!

I was the Long Beach Gran Prix yesterday (presented by Toyota...) and was stunned at how HUGE the new tacoma is. It's freakin massive. I assume they will now introduce a 'mini pickup' for peopl who want a smaller truck. In 20 years the RAV will the size of the Sequoia today.

JON

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah man :roll: If it's bigger I'm out :twisted: My indoor spot is just right for Rav :lol: Any bigger forget it bubba :x

T

·
0 Posts
lol he already said he's kidding... but another post is right people who work at dealer doesn't know anything, most of them are there to get rich... some of them makes 4-5k a month working just a few hours.

V

·
0 Posts
I'm with you 100%!!!!!!

postman said:
Yeah man :roll: If it's bigger I'm out :twisted: My indoor spot is just right for RAV :lol: Any bigger forget it bubba :x
If they make it any bigger :x (EXTERNALLY, THAT IS) we should all join together and vote with our DOLLARS!!! .....DON'T BUY IT....SEND TOYOTA A STRONG MESSAGE!!!! .....I surely would be furious!!! :x

......they can do everything else they want....that is put a V6 engine :) make it more luxurious and quiet inside :) even raise the price a bit!!! .....but DON'T TOUCH THOSE EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS, OR YOU'RE GONNA GET MANY PEOPLE INCLUDING ME FLAMING MAD!! (at first I thought that I was the only wise and sensible person on this issue, but now I see many more on this forum have my views!! Feels really good (refreshing) to see people think this way!! :) ) ......God forbid, we don't want yet another Soccer mom mobile in the lineup :roll: ......they ONLY have like, what, 4 or 5 choices already in the Toyota lineup :roll: ......let's go ahead and make that one more choice for the "people-mover-crowd", and elimate even that ONE SOLE choice that exists for the current target audience :roll:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Considering a large majority of Rav buyers are women (mainly young single ones), Toyota would be committing a big mistake if they were to make it larger than what it currently is.............and that goes for giving it a V6 as well.

In OZ we have from Toyota............the Rav, Kluger, Prado, and Landcruiser.

The Kluger which is a bit bigger than the Rav is quite a poor seller compared to the Rav

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
I don't expect the 2006 RAV4 to be all that much larger than the current model. Maybe just a few inches.

It has been verified that the '06 model will have a V6 option. Note the word "option". The 4 banger will still be available. This is similar to the way the 4Runner, Highlander, Camry and Tacoma are all marketed. Why not the RAV4? 8)

Here in the US, the Highlander (Kluger) outsells the RAV4 by quite a large margin :?

R

·
0 Posts
It is what consumer wants.
I always seem to be in minority..
I want it to keep its size.

I don't want it to get the "Honda Accord Syndromme".. I loved my Accords in the 1980s and upto early 1990s...... but then... it got Americanized.. Became BIG and less fuel efficient... Seems like all cars are heading in that direction.

J

·
0 Posts
Avalon Engine

I talked to a salse rep at the dealer and he told me they were putting the Avalon engine into the new Rav.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts