Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you anyone knows more information about the manual 4-Wheel Lock Switch. I'm interested in using it to do a little off roading, And was wondering how it's Disengauged.
Thanks

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know that,
Do you have to be in a low gear to turn it on??
If you go over a certain speed will it turn off?
If you hit the brakes will it turn off?

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
no, any gear
yes, 25 mph it goes off
Yes, brakes also turn it off.

petro said:
Yes I know that,
Do you have to be in a low gear to turn it on??
If you go over a certain speed will it turn off?
If you hit the brakes will it turn off?

·
Registered
771 Posts
The Brake thing is where Toyota lost me. If you are off-road you DO have to use the brakes every now and then. I really don't understand the theory behind this.

The 4.2 system was better they just needed to add an "OFF" switch for highway summer driving in my oppinion.

Oh Well. 4.2 Forever. M. :cry:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
yea Im not sure either.. Im guessing that the 4wd lock is basically only to be used for getting out of a stuck situation.. Remember what the new rav has that no other ravs had.. traction control. The wheel with the MOST traction gets the power. So its better then a 4wd lock .. all the time.. Its the best situation that you can be in with a new rav. The car does all the work.. Im sure the new rav is a better off roader then any other rav. Don't forget it also can have the downhill control and uphill rollback control..

Frank

Marcutio said:
The Brake thing is where Toyota lost me. If you are off-road you DO have to use the brakes every now and then. I really don't understand the theory behind this.

The 4.2 system was better they just needed to add an "OFF" switch for highway summer driving in my oppinion.

Oh Well. 4.2 Forever. M. :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts