Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota Announces Prices For All-New Third-Generation RAV4
11/21/2005 Torrance, CA
Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) today for the all-new third-generation RAV4 sport utility vehicle (SUV).

The arrival of the new RAV4, nearly 10 years after pioneering the compact SUV segment, receives an extreme makeover for 2006. Completely re-styled, the new RAV4 is larger and more powerful to provide the necessary utility and performance for active singles and the comfort, versatility and convenience to meet the demands of young couples, with and without children.

The 2006 RAV4 is offered in three distinct grades in two- and four-wheel-drive. They include the standard grade, a new performance-driven Sport grade, and the top-of-the-line Limited.

All grades will offer an all-new class-leading 3.5-liter V6 engine paired to a gated-shift five-speed automatic transmission. Equipped with dual variable valve timing with intelligence (VVT-i) the new V6 will generate a best-in-class 269 horsepower at 6,200 RPM, and 246 lbs.-ft. of torque @ 4,700 RPM.

The V6-equipped RAV4 can effortlessly accelerate from zero-to-60 mph in under seven seconds while achieving an impressive estimated preliminary EPA fuel economy mpg rating of 20 city/28 highway for 4x2 models and 20 city/27 highway for 4x4 grades.

The standard powertrain will be an upgraded 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine with VVT-i equipped with a gated-shift four-speed automatic. The engine will deliver 166 horsepower (an increase of five hp) with 165 lbs.-ft of torque @ 4,000 RPM, making it one of the most powerful four-cylinder engines in the small SUV segment and close in horsepower to some competitor V6's. The additional horsepower is matched with improved fuel efficiency with EPA preliminary mpg estimates of 24 city/29 highway on 4x2 configurations and 23 city/27 highway on 4x4 models.

In addition to improvements in power and fuel efficiency, both the V6 and four-cylinder engines are expected to be EPA certified as an Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV2).

Like all SUVs in the Toyota lineup, RAV4 comes standard with the Star Safety System. The standard system includes vehicle stability control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), anti-lock brake system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA). The new RAV4 adds to the Star Safety System with the addition of all-new enhancements to VSC. This new system goes beyond conventional traction and stability controls that simply react to challenging conditions.
With an increased length of more than 14-inches over the previous generation, a new seating design features second row seating for three and optional third row seating, a first in the small SUV segment. The larger dimensions create a larger cabin, increasing shoulder room for all passengers, and additional head clearance and legroom for second row passengers, allowing for overall greater passenger comfort.

Form, fun and functionality is in abundance with an array of standard convenience features across all three grades that includes CFC free manual air-conditioning, AM/FM CD with six speakers with a mini-plug jack and MP3/WMA playback capability, remote keyless entry, ten front and rear bottle/cup holders, power windows and door locks, larger foldable power mirrors, privacy glass, three 12-volt auxiliary power outlets, and a tilt and telescopic steering wheel. RAV4 also features the first in-use application of lever-operated brake deceleration cruise control as standard equipment.

The vast improvements in the all-new RAV4 will be matched with pricing that is very competitive within the compact segment, making the RAV4 an excellent all-around value. The 2006 RAV4 Base grade with a four-cylinder engine will carry a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $20,300 for the 4x2 model, an increase of $200, or 1.0 percent. The Base grade 4x4 with a four-cylinder engine will carry a base MSRP of $21,700, an increase of $200 or 0.9 percent. Prices for the Base grade with the all-new V6 will be $22,335 for the 4x2 and $23,735 for the 4x4.

The base MSRP for the all-new Sport grade will range from $21,875 for the 4x2 with a four-cylinder engine to $25,190 for the V6 4x4.

The MSRP for the top-of-the-line RAV4 Limited with a four-cylinder engine will be $22,555 for the 4x2, and $23,955 for the Limited 4x4. The MSRP for the Limited grade V6 will be $24,470 for the 4x2 and $25,870 for the 4x4.
RAV4 four-cylinder models will go on sale in late December with V6 models reaching Toyota dealers in late January.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those would be nice prices, except the too_many options will balloon the price. I am currently deciding if I need a 4 wheeler or I should just go with a 2006 accord

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
karrock said:
Ouch! So the V6 is a $2k option? Is that high, low or average?
Seems about right considering its a sophisticated engine that also requires a larger cooling system and maybe some other mechanical changes. I will definitely go with the V6. 8)

The V6 option also includes a 5-speed auto transmission Vs a 4-speed auto for the 4-banger.

I am a little surprised there is only a $700 difference between the Sport and Limited editions. Is this similar with what it was in the earlier versions?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW!!!......

.....Limited V6 4X4 stickers for $25,870???......Now, that's a pleasant surprise (I thought it would be more like 27 to 28K)....well so after several months one should be able to get one (real-world prices) for around 24K or so.....Not bad at all for a 269-hp 3.5L V6 that can do 0-60 in under 7 secs!!....If I were in the market for a Camry I would most definitely get this instead!!

.....Now if they only had the sense to not make it so friggin large (even a 8 to 9 inch increase in length at the most, would've been OK).....They've hit the nail on the head in every other aspect of this redesign, except that STUPID IDIOTIC 15-inch increase in length to satisfy the mentally challenged in this world :roll: ......Like someone else said, I don't blame Toyota, but the idiots who demand this sort of thing :roll: .....I would really like to see the mentally deficient samples who want a THIRD ROW in a vehicle like the RAV4 :roll: They should BAN those friggin "3rd row" seats!!! :evil:

............If you need a 3rd row do your friggin self a HUGE favor and get a Toyota Sienna Minivan, for cryin out loud...........don't mess with the last remaining vestiges of intelligent vehicles like the RAV4 :evil: :roll:

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Re: WOW!!!......

victor555 said:
.....Limited V6 4X4 stickers for $25,870???......Now, that's a pleasant surprise (I thought it would be more like 27 to 28K)....
Ahhh... but you haven't added any options into the mix yet. A "Limited" might be well equipped, but it's still missing nice (and some important!) things like side airbags, a power moonroof, leather, heated seats, tow package and 6-CD stereo with subwoofer and steering wheel controls.

Personally, I don't care about the third row or the DVD entertainment system -- all the seats do is subtract from potential cargo space and you could only put children back there anyway (plus I don't have any to haul around).

Side note... Does anyone like the Sport's wheel well flares? I don't think they look so hot this time around, especially considering they're factory installed... Kind of like a tacked-on afterthought... Not so easily seen in the small photos, you have to really look at the large ones (or live and in person, I suppose).

http://www.rav4world.com/2006_LARGE/

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
cjchaps said:
So when do we get to find out the invoice prices for everything? :twisted:
I checked KBB, Edmunds, MSN Autos and Cars.com... nada, zip, zilch... they don't even have the base prices Toyota announced yesterday! Probably have to wait til a week or so before mid-December dealer availability.

Likewise, Toyota's RAV4 Dream Configurator hasn't been updated to include prices... but it does still have a navigation system theme... :p Oh the irony!!!

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/yourlife/rav4/index.html

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our 2001 4wd L model had a 3000.00 option package. Add that to the '06 Limited 4wd and you are at nearly $30,000. That doesnt surprise me.

Try getting a stripped L 4wd v6. Aint gonna happen.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
crap.. it's too expensive... i guess i'm keeping my old trusty rav.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Plas I had a 2003 Accord which is pretty much the same with only a few changes. Mine had the "award winning" all alluminum 2.4 161hp and the power to weight ratio was awesome. Test drive it before you really make up your mind and if you can, spend as long as you can in the driver seat. I found them HORRIBLE.

If your trying to decide between a RAV and an Accord my pick would be RAV hands down. The versatility alone sells it but you also get so much more. The Accord, if you notice, is for Old People afterall and still belongs in a retirement community rather than on the local drag all decked out. Trick out a RAV and there's no doubt that its not your fathers car.

Sorry guys had to add my two cents. On your topic, the price is what I expected for the new RAV and here in Canada its probably going to be well over 30G for one you can be proud of. :!:

Later. M. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Dan Dahl said:
Our 2001 4wd L model had a 3000.00 option package. Add that to the '06 Limited 4wd and you are at nearly $30,000. That doesnt surprise me.

Yes, but most of the stuff that was options in the L are now standard equipment on the Limited. But yes, if you load it up with some nice stuff (side airbags, power moonroof, leather seats, heated seats, tow package, 6-CD stereo w/ subwoofer and steering wheel controls -- the only other major options are DVD entertainment system and third row seats, but the third row deletes both leather and heated seats), I can see it stretching up $3k easy. Then again, what you'll have is a option-maxed RAV4 with more stuff than the previous generation RAV4's *ever* had.

As for the availability of a "stripped" Limited V6, check out the NY/NJ/CT tri-state allocations thread -- it could happen. 311 of the 445 Limited models had only side airbags added to the pricetag.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1870

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Marcutio said:
Plas I had a 2003 Accord which is pretty much the same with only a few changes. Mine had the "award winning" all alluminum 2.4 161hp and the power to weight ratio was awesome. Test drive it before you really make up your mind and if you can, spend as long as you can in the driver seat. I found them HORRIBLE.

If your trying to decide between a RAV and an Accord my pick would be RAV hands down. The versatility alone sells it but you also get so much more. The Accord, if you notice, is for Old People afterall and still belongs in a retirement community rather than on the local drag all decked out. Trick out a RAV and there's no doubt that its not your fathers car.
If the Rav4 had Nav it would not have been an issue. If I choose to go with the accord, I will get the 6sp 6MT with Nav, which is far from an old folks car.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Marcutio said:

4 door 4 cylinder maybe....

But the v6 6 speed Accord coupe is an absolute blast to drive. Rav's definitely a soccer mom mobile next to it(esepecially with that 3rd row of seats option).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Someone posted a link to an Edmunds.com video and it shows the price of theirs was $32,708 :shock:

Dan Dahl said:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts