Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have Toyota 2006 rav-4 base 3.5. My car have manual climate control system. I bought this car previous week.

Even if fan speed is 0 I feel that air comes in to the car (very very little air but I feel it). If temperature is maximum I feel hot air flow and if temperature is minimum I feel not hot air flow. Generally fan speed switcher works well - I have 1,2,3,4 speed levels, If I increase speed level number much more air flow comes in to the car. BUT when air speed level is 0 it is not totally turned off (I feel very very little air comes in to the car - off course it's less then speed 1).

Also: when I drive a lot and engine is hot (fan speed is 0 and temperature maximum) and when I press gas accelerator I feel that hotter air comes in to the car. If I switch maximum temperature to minimum there is no hot air in the car but I feel normal temperature air flow - (I think the airflow temperature is the same as outside of the car).

I buy used car. As I know this car was crashed (airbags was not open). Might be something is damaged? What can it be?

What should I test firstly? If I will not fix soon, will it damage anything?

Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
10,144 Posts
I have the automatic climate control system so it's a little different but probably what you're noticing is the outside fresh air that comes in whenever the car is moving. To stop that flow you'll need to switch to Recirculate mode but that may cause more window fogging.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I have the automatic climate control system so it's a little different but probably what you're noticing is the outside fresh air that comes in whenever the car is moving. To stop that flow you'll need to switch to Recirculate mode but that may cause more window fogging.
Yes, I always thought it was normal(at least since the 70s)to always have some outside air coming in regardless of control settings. Never thought about the recirc setting, have to try that next time I go out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts