Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link!...and, good to see it got such good ratings!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Where are the raving reviews from the auto mags we have all been waiting to read??

Don't worry flyingn, thats not your RAV in the pic, that's my wife parking ours in the garage for the first time!! :lol:

OC

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Ohhhhh... I cringed at the videos... Those poor defenseless RAVs getting bashed up front and side... :shock:

But at least it was for a good cause... I'd expect new test results from IIHS soon too, but couldn't say when... They like to test vehicles in the same size and class and do big comparative press releases.

LOL flyingn and OC! Hope your wife doesn't read that post! :wink:

Thanks for the linky!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No front "offset" crash though. I'll check that out with mine.
Will post pics soon! :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
That makes me feel a bit better, since in the Gulf area, all the V6 Sports for the month of March don't have Side Air Bags

Though, one question, how do you know it was tested w/o Side Air Bags. It's mentioned in the chart, and I can't really tell from the video.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did you guys notice the fine print under the side crash results?
It says that Head Injury Criterion was not taken into account when calculating the star ratings. Head injuries from hitting the side of the car are probably the biggest killer on side crash, yet are not included. Maybe that is why the new RAV4 got such a good ratings even without side curtains. The previous year models did poorly in side crash test mainly because the lack of side protection, so it amazed me that this one is so different. Maybe it is just a change on the testing procedure, but I can't tell since I don't have here the actual results and tests conditions for previous years models.
Just a thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts