Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum members, I'm new of this forum and I'm going to introduce myself, and my car.
I'm italian and I live in Rome. I'm now in my 69 and I'm retired. I was used to work as a phisicist in biomedical research.
I drive my Rav4 from 2006. I bought my new car after driving a Mercedes 190 for 20 years and 470000 km.
My car is a 2006 TOYOTA RAV4 2.2 D-4D (177 CV) Luxury. I'm driving it from about 250000 km from 2006 untill now. I'm used to do to the Toyota workshop all the due maintenance every 15000 km.
I decided to buy this car because of the quality of design and manufacturing of the brand Toyota and because I like to drive on the mountains and to do a moderate off-road driving.
I am still satisfied of my choice. Today after my experience I would prefer:

1) better mileage
2) GPS cheaper update
3) better regenerating feature of the DPF, mine is always with the light "check engine" ON

The last thing it is particularly annoying, but to fix it would cost 3500 € ! My car now is worth less the 7000 € !

Ciao to everyone !

·
Registered
424 Posts
Benvenuto, mauzag. I visit Europe every few years for vacation, and just can't seem to get far away from Rome. You live in a very dynamic and exciting city. My most enjoyable trip there was one year when I rented a bicycle. That has to be the absolute best way to see the city.

Glad you are enjoying your RAV. As with you, I purchased mine primarily based on its reputation for reliability and design. I'm mostly happy, but I've only had mine for several weeks.

Ciao.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
Welcome to RAV4World, Mauzag! Do you drive in the city? From what I've seen in films, driving in Rome can be a nerve-wracking experience. A lot of crazy drivers to watch out for!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts