Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are gauging interest in genuine Toyota accessories from Japan.
For the 2006 Toyota RAV4, Toyota has some really nice parts that are not available in the US:

- Sport Grill with RAV4 Logo ($400)
- Meshed Grill ($250)
- Silver Tail Lights ($450)
- Rear Fender Guard ($175)

Pictures available at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/taillightsetc/album?.dir=d59c&.

Prices are subject to change.

If there seems like there's enough interest, we will start importing them and posting them on eBay for you to purchase. All products we import are guaranteed to be new from the factory, in perfect condition, and working. This is important since we have purchased brand new units in Japan that had noticeable scratches, or tail lights that were not functional.

* Jung[/img]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like the sports grill. I would definetely be interested.

I'm also looking for a wheel cover for the extra wheel.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tire Covers Added

I have added the two factory tire covers to the link.
I agree with the posts here that the Sports Grill is really nice and a likely candidate to import. I'm surprised so far that no one has mentioned the Silver Tail Lights, which is my other favorite.

The grills and tail lights require nothing more than a screwdriver, very easy to install. As for price, sorry, they are on the expensive side (to get some perspective though, a Scion TC's optional Silver Tail Lights are $375, and the RAV4's, which I think looks better, is only $75 more). But they are OEM parts, which especially for the exterior, in my opinion, adds to the vehicle's appearance in a very refined way, whereas many non-factory parts look questionable at best.

Thanks for your posts... please keep them coming as I will be reaching a decision within a month or two.

* Jung

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the fender guard. I have been looking for one for my 2001.

·
Registered
240 Posts
How about the stereo surround fascia for the Double DIN head units and the necessary mounting brackets and wire harnesses?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Tire Covers Added

TailLightsEtc said:
I'm surprised so far that no one has mentioned the Silver Tail Lights, which is my other favorite.
I like the silver tail lights! I first noticed similar ones on a Lexus and I really liked them. If you get some in, please let me know! Don't have my RAV yet, but hopefully will at the end of the month or beginning of May.

ravgal2006

·
Registered
13 Posts
Spare wheel covers

Wow, the spare wheel covers look nice. If were available I would purchase OEM Tire Cover with RAV4 Logo, Style A.

And these grills are cool. :)

I wonder when this stuff will be available at eBay.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the Wheel Cover A as well...I'm sure they come in all colors...right?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also like the Wheel Cover (Style A.) A couple of questions though...

1. Is it only available with the elastic band or is it also available with a latch for the Limited models?

2. Does it fit both 17" and 18" tires or are there different size covers?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would like the OEM Sports Grill with RAV4 Logo also.

Now if I can get my wife to let me spend $400 for it :p Maybe 400YEN? :lol:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wow, Just check the front grill and it cost 26250 Yen in Japan(include tax), that mean approx $260US. If you sell $400 include shipping, still OK . Otherwise.............You are overcharge!!!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the comments

About the spare tire size cover, I will inquire about the color choices and size coverage, but I'm guessing it will be pretty similar to the limitations the existing covers here have.

As for the over-charging comment... actually, I couldn't disagree more. If you lived in Japan and just bought it at the dealer, it's one thing. But to actually import it, that's another story. There's packaging costs, shipping costs, import taxes, sales taxes, advertising costs, etc. And we inspect and package the parts in a way that by the time it gets to you, they are guaranteed to be in new condition, working (for things like tail lights), and scratch-free.

I had someone make a similar comment, going so far as to say that they might as well fly to Japan and buy the parts. To that end, I said you're buying a $500 ticket at least, then transportation costs to get to a dealer (it's not as cheap as you think), then you realize there's no way the part in the original packaging will survive damage-free through the air luggage system, so you will need to repackage (and packaging materials are not cheap there), and then you start to realize my prices actually are very reasonable.

But yes, there is overhead from buying parts in Japan. You as the customer will have to decide whether it's worth it. But to make a long story short, have you seen the countless aftermarket parts on cars and asked yourself, "I hope they didn't pay money for that"? Aftermarket parts, especially for the exterior, rarely enhance the vehicle's look. It's not easy to design things in a way that fits the lines and characteristics of your car perfectly. I've seen aftermarket silver tail lights on Toyotas and Hondas that are just plain grotesque (and yes, they probably sell much cheaper, about $100-$200). But why would you pay $100-$200, even $10, to make your car look worse?

Factory parts are made by the people who designed your car and always enhance the look of your car. Very few aftermarket companies can say that. The factory Sports Grill and Silver Tail Lights (and all factory parts), in my opinion, look fantastic and so clean and refined, and is worth every penny that I'm charging if I was a customer and had a RAV4. I'm hoping there's others out there that feel the same way.

* Jung

1 - 20 of 35 Posts