Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all my other lights are functioning except the main headlights on both sides...The high beams work, the daytime running lights work and the fog lights work as well. What are the chances that both bulbs blew at the same exact time? Could it be a fuse or a relay issue?

Thanks in advance for any insight...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Maybe one of the bulb had gone south a little earlier than the other. So now it become a little more obvious that the headlight had fail. They could also blew at the same time if the bulbs had been in use for a long time and it would only take a good bump to blew them while they are on. I would take each bulb out and see as well as the fuses. Each headlights are power by it's own circuit and it's own fuse. They are rated for 10A. The fuses are located in the engine compartment passenger side. If both fuses and bulb check out ok, then it could very well be a faulty relay or the connector to the relay. I believe the relay is also located on the same area.

Hope this help a bit in troubleshooting your headlight problem.

Reactions: umaz18835

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have a few questions which may assist the diagnosis.

When you turn on the headlights, do the DRL's go off? In other words, with the headlight switch turned on, are all 4 of the front beams dark?

When you turn on the headlights do the taillights and front marker/parking lights illuminate?

When you turn on the headlights do you see the appropriate icon for the headlights and taillights on the dashboard display.

The answers to these questions will help determine if your headlight switch or the ECM could be contributing to the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts