Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what to do.

My power seat won't go forward or backward anymore and now i can't drive the thing. it'll go up and down with no issue. Is there a way to put it in manual mode so i can get it to the shop??

Im freaking out so bad right now. :(

Thanks
Tanya

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Tanya you're screwed...either find someone shorter or taller to drive it to the shop...I have been able to manually move power seats before, but that has required tools and some mechanical ability...

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
I dont know what to do.

My power seat won't go forward or backward anymore and now i can't drive the thing. it'll go up and down with no issue. Is there a way to put it in manual mode so i can get it to the shop??

Im freaking out so bad right now. :(

Thanks
Tanya
Have you checked or had someone check whichever fuse controls the seat to see if it has blown? Best of luck!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
There is only one fuse (30amp) for the power seat. Since the other controls work, the fuse must be OK. The problem would be with the seat slide motor. One of the motor brushes could be stuck on a dead spot. Try having one person hold the seat button down (either forward or back) while another person taps on the motor under the seat with a wrench or screwdriver. That might free it up until it hits the dead spot again.

Here's a picture from underneath my seat. The motor brand Aisin is clearly visible:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts