Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a base model. The MRSP is about 23K and they're asking for 22K. Is that a deal? What would you like it to be?

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Cargo Area Tonneau Cover with Multipurpose Cargo Net with Support Poles
Black Roof Rails & Crossbars
Federal Emissions
Driver & Front Passenger Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags and Front-and Second-Row Roll- Sensing Side Curtain Airbags (RSCA)
Daytime Running Lights

* P=PORT INSTALLED EQUIPMENT *

Nightvision Mirror Upgrade
Fabric Guard
Custom Tape Stripe
Carpet Mat Set (5 pc) Carpet Floor Mats Rear Cargo Mat

P

·
0 Posts
I will look to pay invoice. If I go with the rav4, I will probably wait till end of January when the v6 are coming out and get a good deal on a 4 banger

J

·
0 Posts
kendfw said:
It's a base model. The MRSP is about 23K and they're asking for 22K. Is that a deal? What would you like it to be?
In the CA bay area I had to pay MSRP for my Honda Odyssey due to limited supply. Based on that experience and the 2006 rav 4 being completely redesigned - it will be interesting to see if locally they will sell less than MSRP in the near term. I have seen several local dealers (not necessarily Toyata) have a sticker with dealer markup above MSRP. (Long term with an increase in production I expect better deals).

*EDIT* My Ody is a few years old 2002. Honda has added some plants since then and it sounds like there is less of a supply issue today.

I'd like to pay invoice!!!

JCPZero

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Invoice for Ody

You can get invoice for Ody 2005 and Ody 2006. I ended up paying 1,000 about invoice in 2004 for Ody 2005 (one week after launched).. We're working towards invoice price + 200 ~ 300 right now.

·
Registered
233 Posts
do these deals include the port installed options? My dealer has told me he will order me one without the scotch guard and other items used to just to pump up the price . :x

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Omega Man said:
do these deals include the port installed options? My dealer has told me he will order me one without the scotch guard and other items used to just to pump up the price . :x
Scotchgard, pinstripes, floor mats, undercoating, LoJack and extended warranties are typically done by the dealerships to pad their profit margin. :roll: :?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
karrock said:
Omega Man said:
Scotchgard, pinstripes, floor mats, undercoating, LoJack and extended warranties are typically done by the dealerships to pad their profit margin. :roll: :?
Interesting... Port Installed Options = Dealer Installed Options. Hmm... That's one of the clever ways to blame on others... One of the dealers that I talked to also offer to order one without those port installed options or remove those put on vehicle.

Yeap the deal includes everything.. On my 2005 ody purchase, I didn't pay them the dealer installed options. I told them to take it off and made an offer based on what I would like to pay. They accepted it but not taking any off since they've not installed any except the roof rack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts