Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm watching '24', as usual, and to my surprise, i see the characters in a new RAV4! looks like the a silver limited. i guess if it's good enough for national security matters, it's good enough for me! :lol:

anyone else see the RAV4 in this episode? looked good, eh?

edit: oops, nevermind, looks like a sports model, not limited. carry on.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There is officially a new star on FOX's 24....... 2006 Classic Silver Metallic RAV4 Sport 4x2 4-cylinder!

If you ever wondered how it would feel to drive around with your tailgate open while getting shot at, you should have watched tonight's episode.

Lance

PS I also noticed that the "pedestrian friendly crumple zones" did not work too well when the RAV ran over that terrorist! Hahahah...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hey... thanks for the heads-up! :D For me in Hawaii, it will start in half an hour; will definitely look out for it. Which characters drive the RAV4? Usually Jack Bauer and the CTU field agents usually drive big black American SUVs. :)

p.s. Check out my "24" thread in the Off-Topic section. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never saw it coming. That pos Nixon looking maggot of a president is a bad guy.Oh well the RAV4 did look cool on the show.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great episode & a nice surprise to see the new Rav....even if they
did have to shoot it up a little.
Hey maybe they'd offer to sell it at a discount! Eh...what's a few
bullet holes here and there. :roll:

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
It was either a limited or a sport, it had an emblem on the doors which I couldn't read, the base doesn't. Didn't notice if it had fender flares. I thought it had 6 spoke wheels which makes it a limited. I was just excited to see it on one of my favorite shows!! :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed right away... Toyota is PIMPING 24 this season hard!

Dunno if anyone saw the special prequal in Season 4 disc set, but it was Jack toolin around town in an Avalon, and some BMW people are high speed chasing him... of course the Avalon is corning like nothing (smooth and silk) meanwhile the BMW is sliding all over the place hitting dumpsters etc..

It was comical, more like a BMW Film (cept reverse) and had no real story whatsoever, so dont even know why they did it.

That, and Jack was driving a Tacoma in the first ep this season (while working at the Oil Rigs etc). And then there was the GS 350 after he took the car of that older guy that rigged the detonators (or whatever) and THEN Cloe was driving a Prius in that prequal thing too....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMAO. I just started a new post on this topic asking if anyone had noticed Kiefer driving the new Rav4 on 24 last night and then I noticed someone else started this topic already so I just deleted my post but anyways.....I am a HUGE fan of that show since season 1 and seeing him driving the Rav4 last night was awesome!!! :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quickdtoo,

That RAV4 was a Sport model. If you get a chance to see the episode again, you'll notice the 5 spoke sport wheels and flares while it is parked by the barn. The car also has black interior, shown while Wayne was driving. No V6 label in front, and no 4wd badge in back. :wink:

I hope the RAV gets more screen time next week!

Lance

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for sure it was not a Base because the mirrors were silver to match the car instead of black..

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Anyone know if Toyota is doing product placement for this TV series? That would be cool. 8) I foresee an upcoming episode with an FJ Cruiser. That vehicle definitely has "star" written all over it. :lol:

Congrats to you 4.3 owners, having your vehicle represented in 24! :p

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Yes, actually, they are! 8)

Jalopnik: Twenty, Twenty, Twenty-Four Hours to Go: I Wanna Drive a Toyota

December 5, 2005

Fox has decided to broaden the Ford-centric product-placement universe of 24 and toss some Toyota in the mix. In the fifth-season “bridge” mini-movie that comes with the DVD set of season four, Kiefer Sutherland will run from or be running down baddies in an Avalon. Which we guess is sort of like a modern-day Steve McGarrett-mobile, but not nearly as badass as the top Five-Oh cop’s Merc. Jeez…remember when Mercuries could be considered certifiably appropriate rides for badasses on either side of the law? Wha’ happen?

Toyota Vehicles to Be Integrated into Fox’s ‘24’ [AdAge]

LOS ANGELES (AdAge.com) -- The Fox network’s conspiracy thriller “24,” which has been closely identified with Ford Motor Co. vehicles, will get its first Toyota brand integrations in the upcoming fifth season of the show.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just watched this episode at lunch (was on vacation last week). Looked like the RAV got a lot of screen time. I'll see if I can get some screen captures later...

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Well, the good news is that the RAV has survived another episode and should still be in the next! Bad news is the bad guy is the one driving it around. :p In this week's episode I also spotted an Avalon, a Land Cruiser and a new Camry.

Makes me wonder if Ford lost their promotional product placement, because the only other prominently displayed vehicles were cop cars (Crown Vics, I believe) and a pair of Dodge Durangos.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wish the Limited came with flares.....Probably a Sport, unless 24 is filmed in Canada.

Lance

·
Registered
234 Posts
I believe its a Classic Silver Metallic RAV4 Sport 4x2 (4-cylinder). As Lance stated in a previous post...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts