Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys..do you think the price of the 2006 will reach 30k or more?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be surprised if the v-6, loaded with leather and all the other goodies, is under 30k.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because if you compare it to the top of the line 2005 NISSAN PATHFINDER or the 2005 HONDA PILOT both of them are over $30k. They are also V6 250+hp...What do you think Kelly? :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
depends on the package

my 02 rav is 22000 sticker price, + $3000 alarm ... and this and that... it's almost 30k I paid... so... it MSRP for the new rav may be around 24k if my estimate is correct. the V6 that is

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
rav4energie said:
because if you compare it to the top of the line 2005 NISSAN PATHFINDER or the 2005 HONDA PILOT both of them are over $30k. They are also V6 250+hp...What do you think Kelly? :)
I still think the top of the line '06 RAV4 will be just under 30k. The '06 model should have some cost savings for Toyota to build... as it has less parts... while of course the upgraded areas will have more cost. I'm hoping it's enough of a savings to keep it under 30k.

European Press Release: "There is a clarity to the design, created by reducing the number of elements while increasing the size of each individual element."
Time will tell.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part :roll: ... because at this time... I plan on finally getting rid of my 1996 model and upgrading to the new V6 8)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kelly, I'm thinking about getting the V6 too. Any idea when preordering and pricing will be available?

Also, when will you know what options will be being installed at the port? Or do you think NAV, bluetooth, alarm, Satellite radio, side steps, etc will all be factory installed this time around?

Either way, I'll be dissapointed if NAV, bluetooth and Sirius aren't availalble at all - those items are very important to me.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
I've heard that retail pricing/ordering will be November 21, 2005... though not confirmed.

PIO options I've seen listed are -

Hood Protector
Tow Hitch
Rear Spoiler
Rear Bumper Protector (Injection molder or clear film)
Door Sill Protectors
Ash Tray (Dealer Installed Option)
Mudguards
Spare Tire Cover (throw-in)
Auto Dimming Mirror
Remote Start
Exhaust Tip
Sport Pedals
Sport Shifter (knob)
Tube Steps

I'm doubting the US market will get the NAV/Bluetooth :(

Haven't seen any info on Sirius or Alarms. Maybe they are factory installed :?

At any rate... all of the above info is TENTATIVE... subject to change!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all that info. Looks like they are keeping your department busy!

I just hope they offer the side airbags in California this time around. Bluetooth and NAV are also wonderful safety features. Sometimes I think car comapnies shoot themselves in the foot. I looked at the MBZ ML350 last month and walked out of the showroom when no Bluetooth was available. I'm determined to not have to hack any more cars to install phone kits, MP3-CD playing stereos and Satellite radio. Howard

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
croasdale said:
I'd be surprised if the v-6, loaded with leather and all the other goodies, is under 30k.
I guess this bodes well for me, as I would definately NOT get leather, so that would save me some money there, since I would probably be eliminating a VERY expensive option package. 8)

The car I have now has leather seats, and they are not as comfortable as my previous Toyota that had cloth seats.

I am certainly looking forward to seeing the new RAV in the flesh and trying it out. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kind of like leather seat, although they are cold at night and hot in the day (not as advertised) cloth seat gets dirty really easily and it's a nightmare trying to clean it... if you spill coke or paint or ..... stuff... it stays there and it's pretty sick... with leather... you just wipe it out...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts