Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received the following information from a reliable source/friend today, regarding the 2006 US RAV4 :D

2006 RAV4 Colors -
Super White, Blizzard White Pearl, Flint Mica, Classic Silver Metalic, Black, Barcelona Red Metalic, Beige Metalic, Light Green Metalic, Pacific Blue Metalic & Nautical Blue Metalic.

2 person 3rd Seat Option 50/50 split folding

16" wheels on BASE model
17" wheels on LIMITED model
18" wheels on SPORT model

Spare tire will still be mounted on the back door.

It will have some sort of REAR BUMPER.

Time will tell......... :?

R

·
0 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
Spare tire will still be mounted on the back door.

Time will tell......... :?
Kelly....... If you were here right now, I would kiss you to death...

The spare tire information has made my day.
I am pretty sure now that the next RAV is mine in the BLIZZARD WHITE or NAUTICAL BLUE.........

Just one piece of info I am still waiting on........... STICK SHIFT ?? !!!!

I hope they have STICK in the fully loaded model with 4WD.....

Thanks.... U stay the BEST !

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I am curious as to how they will engineer in a 3rd row seat into the RAV without increasing its size too much.

Probably seats will be flip up from the floor facing rearwards (similar to some older Volvos)? Or maybe flip down from the sides of the RAV cargo bay (like the older Land Cruisers). Having room for 7 passengers, that has really caught my attention; I would definitely love more passenger room. However, will there still be any cargo room left with the 3rd seat in place? :?:

Keep up the good work Kelly, I will definitely have to check out the new RAVs when they come in. :D

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Looking forward to more details about the new RAV. Unlike some people I'm not a fan of the door-mounted spare and I'd love to see that go away and an actual hatch back there instead of the side-swinging door. That's not a deal-breaker though--the thing that would turn me off would be if they bulked it up to CR-V size to add a third row of seats. I prefer the compact size it has now.

I'll agree with the post above though about the five-speed--offer a five-speed AWD model with a sunroof and I'll be tempted.

·
Registered
242 Posts

I'm not a fan of that spare myself....For me it's the rip-off factor :cry: Out of sight....Out of mind :D Would like to be able to roll down rear window......

S

·
0 Posts
How can you not like the full size spare on the back? It gives it a more rugged and sporty look, easily accessed, and leaves more cargo room. Rip off factor? A few locking lug nuts, and they will just go look for the easier one (lets face it, most theives are lazy). The biggest advantage to me is the fact that it means full size spare, always a huge plus. And if you have a ton of cargo in there, you don't have to unpack everything to get it.

Oh, and I am a fan of the swinging door.....much nicer than a hatchback, don't have to worry about hydralics faliure.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Personal preference. I just prefer the cleaner look and increased convenience of a rear hatch, instead of the odd-looking spare and big heavy side-mounted door. Just put the spare underneath like a 4Runner. I'd give up the easy access to the spare, which is rarely used, to get better access to the cargo area, which I use a lot. But I'm not surprised that Toyota is going to continue the rear spare (and by extension I assume the rear swinging door). Probably it's a RAV4 trademark.

R

·
0 Posts
The 1990- 1991 4Runners had Tire in the back. The windows also rolled down and you still had easy access to the cargo area.

Like SZRimaging said, Tire on the bottom will take away from the cargo space.

Just think about it.

1) RAV4 is not as HIGH as the 1990-1995 4Runners were and putting a tire at the bottom means, you have minimal ground clearance..
People already complain about how much they want their RAV4s to be more "off road capable". I personally think that tire on the bottom will make the RAV LESS capable off road............ forget the rugged looks for a second.

2) Anther problem is corosion. I had 4Runners with tire at the bottom and they were very difficult to clean underneath. Once the mud got up there it stayed there, unless you lower the wheel at every wash and clean the underbody...

3) I pesonally find it easier to switch wheels when have a flat tire if the tire is in the back.

·
Registered
242 Posts

The crooks in nyc are very lazy :lol: :lol: :lol: But :evil: :evil: They just don't just walk away.........They slice up your tire and maybe break your window :twisted: I know :roll: :roll: :roll: Why live in ny..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts