Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that the 2006 RAV4 V6 will be the quickest accelerating Toyota. I don't know if that's sad news or great news, but, I know that I am going for the V6 model!!

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
I hope so. But when it gets to the USA, the government will put on so many restrictions that the engine will be like watered down. Not giving the performance the Japanese version has. Never the lest I hope we can get some parts for it. At a premium price without a doubt. I'll guess they'll put on a set a crappy heads, and play with the OBC. The exhaust will also be a piece of junk. :?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Here's a question I'm interested in having answered. Are there bolt on accessories such as air filters, exhaust and reprogrammed engine chips that will lower the horsepower and a substantially (2 miles per gallon or more) increased the gas mileage?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THAT'S ONLY PARTIALLY ACCURATE!!!.....

ilmor said:
I read somewhere that the 2006 RAV4 V6 will be the quickest accelerating Toyota. I don't know if that's sad news or great news, but, I know that I am going for the V6 model!!
..... What they said is, not that it's going to be the quickest accelerating TOYOTA, but rather the quickest accelerating TOYOTA SUV....It's probably gonna be in the mid to high SIXES!!! .....FYI, the 0-60 for the new 280bhp AVALON is in the LOW six-second range

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Re: THAT'S ONLY PARTIALLY ACCURATE!!!.....

victor555 said:
ilmor said:
..... What they said is, not that it's going to be the quickest accelerating TOYOTA, but rather the quickest accelerating TOYOTA SUV....It's probably gonna be in the mid to high SIXES!!! .....FYI, the 0-60 for the new 280bhp AVALON is in the LOW six-second range
So... is the Avalon getting a power bump? Because it's an identical 3.5L V6 that's going into the RAV4.3... Granted, that's only 12hp more than it was previously rated for, but I'd also wager that the Avalon weighs a damn sight more than the RAV4, boat on wheels that it is...

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh... so basically the new one gets to be more powerful... since we're on that kind of talk... anyone have any idea what i should add to my 2005 Rav4 L to increase the performance. FYI... im not trying to make it all "pimped out" or anything. I just want my Rav4L to have a bit of extra boost. So if any of you can just get back to me on that... then yeah.. that'll be more than great! :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
My ideal setup which can be applied to yours without having to go with a turbo or supercharger cause of emissions testing in Cal would be to add:

A Tanabe HyperMedallion exhaust..have that one
A Power Enterprises Camcon II controller..don't have that one
A TRD Radiator cap and thermostat..have both of those, not installed
A WEapon R Secret WEapon intake..Have that one, not installed
A set of Eibach lowering springs and Koni Adjustables...Don't have those
A header..still waiting on any word if they'll fit the 1azfe engine but you might have luck cause someone bought one for their 2azfe engine and is in the process of checking if it fits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts