Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going crazy here!
I want to see the offical 2006 pictures I have been lurking for the longest time reading and I can't take it anymore! I need information. I am going to so crazy that I've decided that I am going to be buying a brand new vehicle in Spring 2006.
Either the FJ Cruiser or the 2007 V6 Rav4.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 2006 RAV4 - When will we get offical pics - Goin crazy h

There is a "2006 RAV4 crazy CLUB" you can join, it is called rav4world.com... Everybody there is dying to see the next RAV.
I am one of them... I get headaches thinking about it sometimes...

I am pretty sure it is going to look like the BLUE model shown at the bottom of 4.3 threads. For a while it was on the main RAV4WORLD page too.... have you seen it yet?
See link below.... and the first post by KELLY SMITH.

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79

Do the math and use the specs provided by KELLY on the post below to imagine what it would look like.....

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1292

I am sure that is it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2006 RAV4 - When will we get offical pics - Goin crazy h

I am on here everyday several times a day. I just never post. I have read every small details. And I am begining to lose it. Everyday I check for new information. I use to be "Steven Blue" on here and use to be a moderator.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is incredible that Toyota have managed to keep the new RAV under wraps.

I can't wait to see what the new model looks like too but think I may be disappointed. My last two cars have been RAVs but I am thinking of buying a Nissan Murano next. I will wait to see what Toyota have to offer first though. I took the Murano on a test drive and found it a much much better drive than my RAV.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's sure. Murano and Rav4 are not vehicles of the same category. The Highlander, more conservative, can be compared with it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
simonhooper said:
It is incredible that Toyota have managed to keep the new RAV under wraps..
Toyota/Lexus seem to have a new policy since the new Lexus IS, The new Lexus IS was kept under wraps until the day before it shown for the first time at the Geneva Motorshow this year.

I also think that Toyota/Lexus are doing much more testing on their own private test tracks and roads to keep prying eyes off new models. Of course some are caught testing in Cold and Hot Weather testing but they are not always caught those spy photographers just have to be at the right time and place to catch them testing.

And Sebas1430 is quite correct you just cannot compare a RAV4 to Murano. The Murano is big and heavy and more powerful SUV compared to the RAV4. But one thing is for sure the RAV4 is much more fun vechile to drive than Murano.

Nissan Murano = Mundane SUV

RAV4 = FUN !!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't believe how many photo shop jobs have been done on here! For the Rav4! Since when (no offense) has there been this much interest? Its quite crazy how many fake photos there have been so far.

·
Registered
242 Posts

See :roll: I'm not like you people :roll: :roll: I really don't care!!!!!!!DID YOU SEE IT :?: :?: DID YOU SEE IT :?: :?: :?: :cry: :cry: :cry:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol... I almost don't wanna see it... cuz you know how our car's gonna depreciate when new one comes out...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I almost don't wanna see it cause I have built so much into the hype that I may be disappointed. Although it just means I'll love my current that much more!

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Yeah... TOYOTA is doing a GREAT job of hiding the 2006 RAV4 :? I did see a TIMELINE for this new model (at work). Even the PHOTO SHOOT for pamphlets/brochures is not scheduled until a few days before the first PRESS showing :?

I should have grabbed a copy of the schedule... but it was not readily available :cry:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scott Cummings said:
But one thing is for sure the RAV4 is much more fun vechile to drive than Murano.
Yeah the RAV4 is fun but I challenge you to take the Murano for a test drive and tell me you didn't have more fun :wink: ...but, I am still hoping there will be a brilliant new RAV model.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a RAV and an Infiniti FX. They are both great vehicles but are very different. The FX is luxurious, powerful, solid and sure footed. It also only gets about 15 MPG! The RAV is light and is a bit more fun in the steering and cornering department - even though it lacks acceleration big time. Let's hope the new RAV's don't lose the excellent front visibility and the quick, light, precise steering. I've driven the Matrix and Camry and the steering is much more vague at the center than the RAV.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
simonhooper said:
Scott Cummings said:
But one thing is for sure the RAV4 is much more fun vechile to drive than Murano.
Yeah the RAV4 is fun but I challenge you to take the Murano for a test drive and tell me you didn't have more fun :wink: ...but, I am still hoping there will be a brilliant new RAV model.

Last time I checked, the Toyota Highlander was the direct competitor of Nissan Murano... so tell me again,, why are we comparing RAV with Murano?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the Toyota Highlander was the direct competitor of Nissan Murano
Ok i'll shut up - forgive me but they don't sell the Highlander in the UK...I've never heard of it before :(

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
simonhooper said:
Ok i'll shut up - forgive me but they don't sell the Highlander in the UK...I've never heard of it before :(
In some markets they call the highlander the "kulger"
does that ring a bell?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
simonhooper said:
LOL !!! :lol:

Simon.... U r forgiven !!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ultima16888 said:
lol... I almost don't wanna see it... cuz you know how our car's gonna depreciate when new one comes out...
Don't have to worry about depreciation if ur taking it to the ground like myself !

Beside mine is a stick shift anyway, it has a "Depreciated" sticker on the window.......... nobody will touch it if I put it on sale today...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Having driver the Murano, B9 Tribeca, and the Honda Pilot, of the three the Subie was the better handler and had better fit and finish and a more updated dashboard. All three can be equally equipped but the Murano will be about 3000.00 more than the others.

When we traded our Rav a couple weeks ago we went with the Pilot for a few reasons - more space, a 3rd seat (which when used will seat a total of 8 in the Pilot,) quiet, smooth engine, and an overall best value over the other three.

You are correct - these are not in the same class as the rav. THe rav can be driver hard and handles much better. With the Pilot you could easily overpower the handling due to its larger size and the sweet 255 hp V6. We didnt shop the Highlander because for the options it wasnt as good a value and I hated the light coloered interiors!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts