Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody please explain how you get to the hidden connector for the rear abs sensor. It has been removed from the hub and the connector is inside the wheel well under some interior trim which may need to come off. Please help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
REAR ABS SENSOR CONNECTOR LOCATION

The rear abs sensor connectors for both sides are located behind the rear seats underneath the 4 foot x 1 foot plastic piece underneath the rug and cargo covers.
The are 4 screws and it pops off with some force.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
A very helpful post for a common problem. I'm making it a sticky so we can easily find it again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a fairly easy repair depending on how much rust involved in getting old sensor off. Take of the tire and see the cable running into the Rav4 wheel well. Follow the cable to the hub and remove one 10mm bolt. Take pliers or vice grips and wiggle the sensor to free up. This could take a minute with patience not to break the plastic sensor. Once out at the hub, just follow the cable and remove the 2 brackets and 3 bolted connections under the RAV 4. If the rust is excessive, use a hack saw or sawzall. If a bolt breaks, don't worry, and use a tie connector when installing new sensor. Buy an after market part for 1/10th of the cost and turn a $400 repair into a $30 fix.

·
Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
A very good description and exactly how I replaced both of mine several years ago. As I recall the best price I could get on the first one was $140. By the time I did the second one they were $30.

I do believe this procedure applies to 4WD models and FWDs are different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
Dr. Dyno
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing