Discussion Starter #1
I received 2006 model year USA arrival dates from a "friend" today :D

2006 RAV4 (4 CYL) - November 16, 2005
2006 RAV4 (V6) - January 20, 2006

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even though Toyota has been known to sell some model years early (I've seen following years released in Feb :? ) the V6 RAV4 scheduled for Jan. 2006 will definitely be a 2006 model :D

C

·
0 Posts
That sucks :( I was hoping that if I did buy the v6 that it would be brand new longer :(

E

·
0 Posts
Kelly Smith said:

Any news if the V6 will be released in Europe also?

S

·
0 Posts
Very good question, I hope Toyota-Europe consider to offer the V6 engine in the 3rd Generation RAV4 in Europe. The slight problem is that it might slightly detract possibly sales of the Toyota Landcruiser (LC90) V6 model, Mind you the LC90 is a proper off-road vehicle and not really in the same class as the RAV4.

My guess is that new V6 engine will be the 200hp engine that will be avaiable in the new Lexus IS250. Now the next question is what engine will the 4-Cylinder be ?

The Diesel engine for the Europe for new 2006 RAV4 will be the new 2.2 D-4D Clean Power Engine that the new Avensis and new Lexus IS220D will have. There are two versions of this new Diesel engine a 150hp and 175hp version, The 175hp shares 85% of parts with the 150hp Diesel engine. At a guess the 150hp will probably end up in the new Diesel RAV4 but a 175hp Diesel RAV4 would be cool.

And of course there should be a Hybrid RAV4 at some stage, Now that is one I would possibly consider.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Rav 06

Just went in for 2year service and spoke to service person :roll: He thinks Rav will not be any BIGGER :lol: And feels that there Won't be a V6 :roll: :roll: We shall see :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah, the people at the dealerships always are either completely uninformed or play dumb, I'm not sure which it really is.

I test drove a couple of '03 Ravs not long before the '04s were due out and *I* had to tell the sales guys what the changes for '04 were going to be (specifically, the 2.4L engine). They had no clue whatsoever (or at least said they didn't).

Becky

T

·
0 Posts
sales can either be playing dumb or uninformed, but onething you know is the fleet manager knows what's coming in. the reason they keep the information cotained is if you know 06 is going to be major facelift who's gonna buy the 05 on their lot? so... don't really expect salesman will tell you anything "even" if they know anything... remember they make their living on comission.

·
Registered
242 Posts
rav 06

You are right about sales people :roll: But I really don't think the Rav needs a v6 :roll: As a option ok...Sub 20 MPG and that small tank :roll: The beauty of the Rav is MINI Suv...

·
Registered
44 Posts
2006 Diesel

Any idea/rumor/comment on wether the Diesel engine for the RAV4 is finally crossing over the ocean to North America? I can't get over the fuel consumption numbers from the website at Toyota Spain :))

While I like the idea of getting an sligthly, and I remark slightly, bigger RAV4 I don't really see the need for a V6, but it is hard to understand why Toyota is not even offering a Diesel here.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Diesel fuel in US is Dirty :roll: But starting in I think 2006 the Diesel must be cleaned up...New Diesel standards are now in USA 8) 8) You will see alot more Diesels here soon.....

B

·
0 Posts
postman,
Yeah, I hope so...you can't buy a new diesel in NY, MA, VT, CA etc. I'd be interested in the Liberty diesel, but IIRC you can only buy it with an automatic...all that torque and an auto tranny...argh.

Hopefully these "clean" diesel fuels will come out soon so we'll have some diesel options here in NY.

Bogatyr

R

·
0 Posts
Becky J. said:
Yeah, the people at the dealerships always are either completely uninformed or play dumb, I'm not sure which it really is.

I test drove a couple of '03 Ravs not long before the '04s were due out and *I* had to tell the sales guys what the changes for '04 were going to be (specifically, the 2.4L engine). They had no clue whatsoever (or at least said they didn't).

Becky
I agree.
I have felt like beating the sales guys senselessly whenever I visit Toyota dealers.
I have even told one guy that he needs to learn about the cars before selling them. They just do it for the money. I guess I will do it for my love of Toyota.

E

·
0 Posts
I am surprised to see RAV4WORLD.com up and running again. I haven't checked for awhile and here it is. I was a member for years and than it went away. Anyway, I always had a Rav4. A 1996, 2001 and will soon have a 2006 when available. The pictures of them look fantastic. I have always had my new RAV by the end of December. Once I get it, its off to California. Its a nice drive from Pennsylvania. Are there any pics of the 06 Ravs on this site anywhere?

It would be nice if I could get my original sign on date to RAV4WORLD. I have never been called a Super Newbe before.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kelly Smith said:

Just for clarification.. these dates are when the new RAV4 arrives at the Toyota port in Portland, Oregon... NOT when they arrive at dealerships. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts