Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be nice if we were able to turn off AWD :roll: Could you do that on the old Rav :?: :?:

·
Registered
396 Posts
It'd be nice if they had that as long as it's a shift on the fly type system so I don't have to come to a complete stop whenever I wanted to go from 2wd to awd. I'd also like to see paddle shifters or some kind tiptronic shifting system as well. I can dream, can't I?

M

·
0 Posts
If i'm not mistaken the rav 4.1 introduced here in the philippines has that button that enables and disables the 4wd system to 2wd system and vice versa.

Scott Cummings said:
Nope no RAV4's have been able to switch off 4WD.

·
Registered
682 Posts
mikelsy said:
If i'm not mistaken the RAV 4.1 introduced here in the philippines has that button that enables and disables the 4wd system to 2wd system and vice versa.
That would be impossible as RAV4s either come as 2WD or 4WD. You're prolly thinking of the 4WD RAV4.1s that came with the lockable centre diff (manual transmission RAV4.1s only) 8)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I believe the UK spec Avensis is currently using the same 2.0L gas engine as the 2002 rav4s, and the Avensis' have a tiptronic transmission....so I'm sure the new rav4 will have that/option.

I'm getting a bit anxious now, it's already mid year and not even an "official" spy picture of the new model. Shouldn't it be in testing now?
[/quote]

R

·
0 Posts
postman said:
It would be nice if we were able to turn off AWD :roll: Could you do that on the old RAV :?: :?:
Since I bought my RAV4 used. Imagine, me spending days trying to find a switch!!!!!!

I then got underneath and verified that it WAS 4WD.

When snow came, I had to drive/slip the car on purpose with my DOOR open/ leaning down to see front/rear wheels spinning...

I knew my answer... I couldn't switch it off!!!!

BEST PART......... my dealer DID NOT know....... !!! How stupid... more or less than me??!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts