Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 4 Cyl FWD Rav4 just threw 2 codes and the 3 dash lights are on. I reset the codes, since the code reader indicated the codes came on 11 seconds after startup-thinking it could be dew/moisture/etc, but the codes have now flashed again. Car has 105000 miles, with very few electronic (CEL) issues if any ever...
Looking at the P0138 - Bank 1 Sensor 2 Oxygen Sensor.
Looking at the C1201 - Points to many issues, but, I'm guessing its a Electronic Control Module error as a result of the P0138 Code...
The VCS, ABS and CEL lights are on, and the car won't allow Cruise Control to function. I'm not driving the car, but, I've been told the lights have now stayed on, and are NOT going off.

Reading on the forum, it's possible Bank 1 Sensor 1 needs replaced. About $100 for the part.

Any other thoughts before I sink the $100 into the part and hassle of changing a sensor that might not actually be the issue? Any way to determine definitively what the issue may be?

I could continue to just have the driver drive, but, wouldn't mind fixing the issue if I knew for sure the cause.
Driver is checking mileage now to see if it's deviating from approx 23 MPG previously...Midwest location - Ohio

·
Super Moderator
9,972 Posts
Moved to 4.3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts