Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Noticed my 2007 consuming much more oil than usual. I'm adding 2-3litres between oil changes. I decided to come on here to see if others have experienced this and was surprised to see a few threads. Some have mentioned they received a letter. However I did not receive any letter and was wondering how I should go about getting the oil test done? Will a vin be enough or should I contact Toyota corporate. Is there an service bulletin recall I can refer to? I am located in Toronto. Have you had helpful service at a particular dealership? Any help is much appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
Here's a copy of a New York Times article about the problem, and it cites the TSB numbers:

"SCION AND TOYOTA Several models with the 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine may be using too much oil. In T.S.B.’s SB002411 and SB009411 issued on Aug. 11, the companies said the problem was traced to the piston assembly. Replacing the pistons and rings should solve the problem. Affected models are the 2007-9 Scion tCs and the 2008-9 Scion xB as well as these Toyotas: 2006-8 RAV4, 2007-8 Solara, 2007-9 Camry, 2007-11 Camry Hybrid, 2009 Corolla and 2009 Matrix."

·
Registered
42 Posts
go to your dealer and tell them you want to do a oil consumption test. There has been a extended warranty issued for all 2.4's in your year model, which is my year model. If it burns more than 1qt per 1k to 1.2k miles, then you will qualify. Your dealer will tell you how many miles. They may make you come in every 1k to 1.2k miles up until 5 to 6k miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts