Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've never paired up my phone (currently Samsung S9) with my car in the 12 years I've owned it. I know I can make and receive phone calls with this, can I also play podcasts/music through this connection? Accessing music/podcasts actually would be my main use for the BT connection if that was possible.

This is the stock BT setup/installation that came with the car.

I have been unable to find any good guides on this - most seem to refer to newer models, so if anyone know of any videos/web pages (google/youtube weren't successful to me) I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edit: Just realized you're probably talking about the stock system. No, you can't play music through it AFAIK. You'll need to use the AUX input.
Ah .. ok, thanks for the reply, I suspected as much. I've used the AUX input in the past, but just discovered that the headphone plug on the S9 sits in bad spot for the phone holder to work I have so I was hoping I could just bypass the wire all together by going via BT.

Given that I won't be able to listen to podcasts, I'll probably skip the BT pairing all together.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a cheap bluetooth receiver and plug it into the AUX in.
Thanks for the suggestion .. would that then connect to the car's speaker? Would you have some product links I could look at? That might clear up any questions I might have - didn't think there was a wireless work-around, so this sounds very promising!

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is what I'm using in my 2007 RAV4, but there's a million similar products out there, just take your pick.

This one is magnetic so I ran the wire out of the center console and placed the unit just next to the parking brake lever...the magnet holds it in place there, no need for adhesive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you have BT in the car why couldn't you play music/podcast through it. It will play anything that your phone typically outputs. We do on our RAV.
See post #2 .. perhaps it depends on what year of RAV4 you have and the system installed? Mine is a 2007. I couldn't get it to work, hence my original post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts