Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 toyota rav4
Battery good alternator good both tested
When try to start i can hear clicking sound but it won't start or crank.
Starter good. The only way i can start it is when i jump the starter relay it will start. So im cluesless now.
Please help.

·
Super Moderator
9,980 Posts
Starter relay bad it seems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I and bought a new starter relay and it still didn't work. And a new ignition switch it also didn't work. It will start if I put a jumper wire in the starter relay pin. Perhaps maybe I need to get OEM relay?

·
Super Moderator
9,980 Posts
I and bought a new starter relay and it still didn't work. And a new ignition switch it also didn't work. It will start if I put a jumper wire in the starter relay pin. Perhaps maybe I need to get OEM relay?
What relay did you buy if not an OEM?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you know if the system immobilizer is active?. Im still haven't found the solution yet. I'd check and replace speed sensor. Just now. I think maybe a new battery would help.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
How do you know if the system immobilizer is active?. Im still haven't found the solution yet. I'd check and replace speed sensor. Just now. I think maybe a new battery would help.
The immobilizer is working if you see the Security light flashing when the car is not running. You have one only if your model is the Limited. The battery could be the problem unless you did a load test and know for sure. You can't assume it is good even if it is new. You could have a bad alternator which may not charge your battery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. Im still having problem with the car. The new starter relay came in and it still doesn't want to start. No crank. But
15953930536594237831265407001591.jpg

The great light are on.
Okay the only way for me to start the car is to jump the starter relay pin 3 n 5. I did a load test alternator is good a
Battery is good. But once I place the new relay it still won't start.
There oil in the engine a/t auto temp id check it when car was running it was good.
But my brake pedal is loose when I step on it when driving. Fluid is full.
Any idea?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Did you do a load test on the battery? Results with reading off and running?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I willing be doing another one here shortly the load test and the alternator test. The car will start if I jump the starter relay pin 3 and 5. I thinking maybe there no control signal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can some one help me figure out what this code is it from my car. Manual code check from the dtc port.

Really really appreciate you guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 sport v6 203k miles
54 Posts
It sounds like your aftermarket or factory car alarm system has a starter kill relay that doesn’t work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went and got a new battery and it just won't crank. I just hear a click and that it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your describtion sounds like you're loosing power on the circuit for the control side of the relay meaning the circuit that controls power to the coil in the relay that pulls the contacts closed. Check for 12vdc at pin 1 at the relay socket with the ignition switch at start. Verify you have a solid ground (near zero resistance) at pin 2 at same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What should my next step be? I'm thinking of following the wire. But if you guys have a more better ideas please share. Im not a mechanic and not trying to make it worse on a budget. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought a new relay from toyota dealership in Sacramento, CA for 56.00 because I'm in Alaska they want 105.00. Got it two days ago and put it in and I didn't work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts