Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reaching out to the group to see if I can get some guidance on maintenance for my 2007 Rav4 4 cylinder. I have 211K miles on the car. The engine was replaced by Toyota at 179K miles. So the mileage on the motor is only 32K but the car itself has and all other mechanical parts of the car have 211K mile on them. The owners manual does not have a list of items that I should be having serviced at this amount of miles .. or the scenario of a newer engine. I know that if I call the dealership.. they are going to try and sell me a world of things that should be done. I get the oil changed every 3K miles. No mechanical issues at the moment with the vehicle. Any suggestions on what I should be getting serviced would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Bev Mac

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Change all fluids like coolant, atf, gear oil (if 4wd), brake fluid, etc. The US owners manual does not mention brake fluid and ATF. You can use a brake fluid tester to see if it is bad. A quick way is just remove the brake fluid in the reservioir with a paper towel or if you want to go the extra mile flush the brake fluid. The ATF should be changed before 60,000 miles and 25,000 miles in severe cases like towing, driving in mountains, drivng short trips , dusty roads, etc. The brake caliper slide pins should be greased with silicone paste if it is not done in a while. The PCV can be replaced since that is a cheap part and will prevent and problems if it does fail. Check the air filter and cabin filter. Once in a while ensure the A/C drain is not plugged up. That one is located on the passenger side behind the cross member outside the car. Do all that and it should run well. Another thing I recommend is buy a usb 3 in 1 volt meter to monitor your battery. You never know if your battery or alternator will die.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts