Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
First time posting.
This weekend while on a long road trip, the driver in front me noticed a loose part on the underside of my '07 Rav4 that had become detached. After pulling over, I noticed this tube with a large gash in it that had separated from another section to which it was connected. I don't know a whole lot about cars. Would anyone here know what this tube is called and how difficult/pricey to repair/replace? This is on the driver's side.
Thanks in advance.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
It looks like something connected to your emissions system, like the charcoal canister or fuel tank vent. Is your check engine light on? Please don't let it drag on the ground, secure it with something and get it to a shop before it becomes a major expense.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Wiring harness? Perhaps for trailer hitch lights?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. Yes, I do have it taped up and scheduled an appt. today with a mechanic. Someone mentioned a fuel tank vent hose and I believe this is the part.

·
Super Moderator
11,109 Posts
I certainly hope it's not part of the EVAP system and whatever it was attached to didn't fall or get ripped off. That system is $1300!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mechanic patched up the vent hose and added some clips to secure it in place. Best guess is while driving over the weekend on a long 1k mile trip, parts on gravel roads, I must have run over something to dislodge the hose and create a gash in it. Glad it wasn't anything serious.

·
Registered
164 Posts
FILTER - 2007 TOYOTA RAV4 (7770642010)

local dealers price $170
online prices $102

fairly ez to replace, ran over a tire gator and ripped that sucker out......i would replace it, you get water in it,will ruin that $over-priced$ vapor canister......ouch!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
FILTER - 2007 TOYOTA RAV4 (7770642010)

local dealers price $170
online prices $102

fairly ez to replace, ran over a tire gator and ripped that sucker out......i would replace it, you get water in it,will ruin that $over-priced$ vapor canister......ouch!

I've had this part replaced last year, and have to replace it again this month. It is in a stupid spot and not covered well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts