Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. I'm not the most mechanically savvy person, but I will try to explain the best I can.

I put a new battery in my Rav4, but when I pushed the gas, it only went to about 2,000 RPMs. When I put it in drive, it goes forward, but doesn't accelerate when I push the gas. Same for reverse. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2007 sport v6 203k miles
54 Posts
Did the problem start right after you put in a new battery? You should check the fuses in the fuse box next to the battery. It is the fuse box under the hood on the driver side. Pay close attention to the number 5 ETCS 10A fuse. Check the number 3, 7,8 and 9 fuses as well when you are at it. Do you have a check engine light as well?

Did you somehow cross the negative and positive battery terminals when installing the battery or when jumping the old battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the problem start right after you put in a new battery? You should check the fuses in the fuse box next to the battery. It is the fuse box under the hood on the driver side. Pay close attention to the number 5 ETCS 10A fuse. Check the number 3, 7,8 and 9 fuses as well when you are at it. Do you have a check engine light as well?

Did you somehow cross the negative and positive battery terminals when installing the battery or when jumping the old battery?
Yeah, I totally did that. I'll check fuses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts