Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the moon roof of my rav4 got stuck open, so i disassembled the moon roof assembly and found the plastic cable cut in sections and was not able to run through the motor correctly, called a local Toyota dealership, got quoted $700 for the cable assembly that includes the plastic bracketing. i just need the cable portion for both sides. $700 is ridiculous! online junkyards sell only the sunroof whole assembly around $250. anyone had the same issues, also any advice on how and if its possible to repair this cable to withstand the tension also, advice on online parts that are this specific would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
I don't see "repairing the cable" as an option. I would use the junkyard option and get every piece, use what you need, and absorb or sell off the rest.......IF that's possible.
A new, or used, cable is what you need regardless of the other items you need to purchase. It would certainly be less than $700.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I've got a part number for you from toyotdiy.com:

CABLE SUB-ASSY, SLIDING ROOF DRIVE
63205-48010 MOON ROOF

You can Google that part number and see a lot of choices from Toyota dealers to Ebay. One Ebay vendor is offering it for $322.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts