Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not entirely sure this is where the question would go but please move it to the correct section if need be.

I have a 07 RAV4 base model 2WD automatic. I currently have the issue where my air mix knob is stuck. I did a little bit of digging around behind the glove box and was able to remove the cable assembly and it moves freely at that point. I am now thinking that the blend door might be stuck due to the weather strip glue being melted shut. I have read on the forums that it is visible from the passenger side. Going off my memories, I don't remember seeing any type of door or flap. Anyone have a picture of this area?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
It could be the weather strip, but it could also be that something fell into the defrost vents on the dash. It wouldn't take much, a pen cap or lego block can jam the vent. You would need to lower the glove box, remove the cabin filter, and go from there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had used a USB camera with my phone and looked through the air vents on the dash and could see that the vent is opened fully. I currently have no air flow to my feet. And I didn't see anything stuck/jammed in between. A couple of user on here stated that the door can be seen from the passenger side but I don't recall seeing a door, (maybe because it was closed). I have taken the glove box out and the cabin air filter assembly. Was a pain in the rear. I will give it another go when the weather gets warmer. As of now, I have no air going to my feet, just my face. I can deal with it for the next few cold months. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts