Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2007 Rav4 - TPMS Reset - Very Irritating !

6654 Views 17 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  SurferD
Hello all, This is my first post.

Just replaced all 5 of my TPMS sensors. I am the original owner. But where is this mysterious TPMS reset button on this 2007 Rav4? This has been nuts, I have not found out how to reset the system now that new sensors are in. (BTW - exact replacements).

I have been looking all over, but I have yet to find this answer.

Anyone?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2007 Rav4 Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about the 07 but the 2011 doesn't have a reset button. They have to be put in with the ID numbers from the tpms sensors with Techstream or some other tool
Thanks! - that seems about right at this point. If anyone else knows something other than "there isn't one" let me know, else I will go with a Techstream solution. (like I said, "very irritating")

· Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,517 Posts
Thanks! - that seems about right at this point. If anyone else knows something other than "there isn't one" let me know, else I will go with a Techstream solution. (like I said, "very irritating")
Trust me, there isn't a reset button. That didn't come until later, like 2010 or 2011.

· Super Moderator
12,905 Posts
I don't know about the 07 but the 2011 doesn't have a reset button. They have to be put in with the ID numbers from the TPMS sensors with Techstream or some other tool.
The '06 (mine) doesn't have one and if the 2011 doesn't either I suspect there is no other answer available for an 07 than, "it doesn't have one."

· Super Moderator
12,905 Posts
Well, I ended up stopping by my local Pep-Boys who reset the TPMS system in a few min for free. Toyota dealer was wanting $150.00 - All is well now.
BTW, where and at what cost did you have the sensors replaced?

Reactions: bear1998

· Registered
2007 Rav4 Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SCHRADER 28370 From RockAuto - 43.99 ea - I purchased 5 and Discount Tire installed them with a new set of tires that were going on. One was bad for certain. Figured after 14 years they were gonna start droppin out and I was OK with just replacing them all.

· Registered
11 Posts
You NEED the numbers to register them with Techstream.
So do i need to have the tires dismounted?
When I bought them Denso said they were preprogrammed to Toyota.
"Denso TPMS Sensors are direct plug-and-play with no programming or cloning needed - they're built to the specified vehicle right out of the box. With Denso, installation is a snap - the TPMS Sensor relearns just like an OE part, restoring the vehicle to its original condition. Direct monitoring with real time pressure signal transmission. "

· Registered
521 Posts
Call a tire place and see if they can be read without dismounting the tire. There are special receivers that can cause the sensor to transmit and read the codes (called poking it). Then there needs to be a programming device to get the numbers programmed into the TPMS module (computer) in your vehicle.... or use a techstream software program to enter the codes in. That is what most DIYers do. When you get the code numbers, write then down and put them in your glove box for future use.

· Registered
2,002 Posts
So do i need to have the tires dismounted?
When I bought them Denso said they were preprogrammed to Toyota.
"Denso TPMS Sensors are direct plug-and-play with no programming or cloning needed - they're built to the specified vehicle right out of the box. With Denso, installation is a snap - the TPMS Sensor relearns just like an OE part, restoring the vehicle to its original condition. Direct monitoring with real time pressure signal transmission. "
Call the place who put the tires on and see if they can read the I'd numbers. I'm surprised they didn't ask you when you brought them in

· Registered
11 Posts
Took it in to Town Fair Tire in Derby CT and they reset the sensors. I also had an alignment done but since there’s an open recall it didn’t go to factory settings. They have a 30 day redo policy so I’ll bring it back when the recall is done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.