Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's planned for 2007? Has anyone found any information that can shared? Just curious. Thanks!

:cheers:
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think the general consensus is that Toyota won't change much given the short model year. Maybe they will fix the front cupholders...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
I heard a lot of complain about the cupholders. Yesterday I picked up my RAV4 and we took an afternoon stroll. We had bottles and cans and they just fit fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
You must be using a forty of Old E as the bottle. Theres no way that anything other than the biggest cup or bottle would feel even remotely secure in the factory cupholders.

I've been trying to find a nice strong short spring and glue one side to the inside of the little wannabee Cup holder thingy and then elbow the either side to the wall of the cup holder. This would apply more force and maybe that little clip wold hold something. As it is now the normal commuting coffee mug all but dances around effortlessly inside the holders. I make my wife hold the cup. When I'm done they get put in the side doors.

I dare you to put a fast-food-chain soda in that cupholder and hit the town.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A keg would fit snug, but drinking and driving is far too dangerous an activity!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
The larger Gatordade bottles are all that I've found that fit snuggly in them. The springs are just too weak for anything else.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree, the cup holders have "high differential pressure".

How 'bout some 2007 information!!

:ponder:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
You know, I've been thinking about those cup holders and I think it is going to be a candidate for replacement during servicing. It can be more than just an annoyance. All it takes is for one steaming hot cup of joe to splash onto somebody's legs while driving and the subsequent threat of a lawsuit to make Toyota sit up and take notice. I can't believe fixing these would require more than a stronger spring on that little flippy bar thing that is supposed to keep things in place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Grav said:
You must be using a forty of Old E as the bottle. Theres no way that anything other than the biggest cup or bottle would feel even remotely secure in the factory cupholders.
The 0.5L water bottle sits there just fine. I have absolutely no complaints about the cupholders' ability to retain their contents. The free space above them is not sufficient to admit the tallest shakes, especially if something is plugged into the lighter outlet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
The funny part is the cupholder even fit a can snug because the lever pushes it to the opposite site and holds it quite nice.

All what I really wanted to say is that I was surprised after reading all the mails that it actually worked for me. Maybe there are bottles that move around, so far I haven't seen anthing that would not fit. I agree though, that I am a minority here regarding my opinion about this topic... :roll:
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here's another vote for cupholders working the way it should.

i just make sure i push whatever i'm drinking to the opposite side of that little tab as much as possible. bottled water, mcdonald's coffee, starbucks coffee, soda.... they all hold firm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
CornMonkey said:
here's another vote for cupholders working the way it should.

i just make sure i push whatever i'm drinking to the opposite side of that little tab as much as possible. bottled water, mcdonald's coffee, starbucks coffee, soda.... they all hold firm.
Yeah, it kinda works if you put your smaller sized drink in there and pull up on the tab too. However, I don't think this is how the design was meant to work.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Raffor said:
The funny part is the cupholder even fit a can snug because the lever pushes it to the opposite site and holds it quite nice.

All what I really wanted to say is that I was surprised after reading all the mails that it actually worked for me. Maybe there are bottles that move around, so far I haven't seen anthing that would not fit. I agree though, that I am a minority here regarding my opinion about this topic... :roll:
When placing the cups in the holder you take your finger and push up on the little lever to make it snug, it seems to work pretty well. Thing is you have to remember to do it everytime you take the cup out and put it back. Quite a hassel really :cry:
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the information on the 2007 model! Anyone have any thoughts on the 2006 cup holder that they would like to share with the group? :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
monetnj said:
Yeah, it kinda works if you put your smaller sized drink in there and pull up on the tab too. However, I don't think this is how the design was meant to work.
I don't have to do it on my car. So, I suspect that something is not right with the spring which unfolds the flap/tab. It may be a common problem, because many people complain in the forums.
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jebinc said:
I agree, the cup holders have "high differential pressure".

How 'bout some 2007 information!!
jebinc said:
Thanks for all the information on the 2007 model! Anyone have any thoughts on the 2006 cup holder that they would like to share with the group? :roll:
Nice attempts, jebinc, buy your thread has been hi-jacked. I feel your pain, but have to admit, it's a little funny, no? :?
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry jeb, but I really don't think there is allot of information out there yet, to tell you the truth. If someone had known something they would have been drooling over themselves to tell you :lol: We are in the dark as you are :D
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top