Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the 2007 Rav4's will start arriving?

I know in Canada, they usually start arriving in Sept/Oct, but since this is a short release cycle for the 2006, I thought it might be different.

vroom2grow :roll:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
That's probably about right... I don't expect the annual cycle to change just because the launch wasn't on track with the average new year introductions.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
according to this link, you can start ordering your 2007 in june and initial delivery rolls out in October.

now the real question is, how much of a change will there be for the 2007 model? i'd like to buy now, but if the changes are significant enough, i'll gladly wait a few more months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,223 Posts
Re: 2007 RAV4's?

vroom2grow said:
Does anyone know when the 2007 RAV4's will start arriving?
Didn't like my answer in the "where's my RAV?" thread? :) Anyway, what I came across matches what CornMonkey said. Sept/Oct for the 2007s.

As far as changes go they might make a small tweak here or there but I wouldn't expect anything significant, since by the time they start building 2007s the vehicle will only have been in production about eight months.

My timeframe for a new vehicle is right around Sept/Oct, except at that time the financing rates on the 2007 RAV4 will be quite high, comparable to what the 2006s are at (5.9% buy, 6.9% lease). I might consider looking at a 2006 if the rates come down this spring.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh, for me, significant = in-glass antenna, auto door un/lock, and other "minor" changes. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Most likely they will introduce "fixes" for the most commonly complained about items from 2006. I could see them doing something about the cargo light, cup holders and maybe auto lock/unlock. My wish would be that they add an option for a nav system with backup camera. HIDs would be nice too. I have both on my Sienna and love, love, love them.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will the 2007s be made in Canada? Or is that 2008?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,223 Posts
Calendar 2008 is when the plant is supposed to be operating so that probably means model year 2009 RAVs will be the first to roll off the line there, unless they start production mid-model year.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CornMOnkey said:
heh, for me, significant = in-glass antenna, auto door un/lock, and other "minor" changes. :wink:
none of those will happen. 2007 might have NAVI optional or something like that, but expect 0 actual changes on the car.

For issues being fixed, thats done continiusly and not based on model year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,223 Posts
spwolfx said:
For issues being fixed, thats done continiusly and not based on model year.
Depends on the kind of issue it is. There are quality issues, and you would hope they wouldn't allow those to exist too long if they could be fixed in production (although the 4.2 cowl rattle went on for quite a while) and then there are design issues like the antenna, that are the kind of thing they generally save for a new model year. Either way, I agree MY2007 likely comes too early to expect any of the latter kind of change.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
auto door un/lock...or lock and unlock. when you turn on the engine, doors automatically lock. when you turn off the engine, doors automtically unlock. just a convenience, not a necessity.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bmorton said:
spwolfx said:
For issues being fixed, thats done continiusly and not based on model year.
Depends on the kind of issue it is. There are quality issues, and you would hope they wouldn't allow those to exist too long if they could be fixed in production (although the 4.2 cowl rattle went on for quite a while) and then there are design issues like the antenna, that are the kind of thing they generally save for a new model year. Either way, I agree MY2007 likely comes too early to expect any of the latter kind of change.
trust me - they only change things in face lifts, not during MY. MY changes are usually only equipment changes and not actual production changes.

MY is really an marketing gimmick...

As to the auto lock, no Toyota without accessory alarm does it, so I dont see it being changed anytime soon.

Easy solution is to get alarm of any kind....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,223 Posts
spwolfx said:
trust me - they only change things in face lifts, not during MY. MY changes are usually only equipment changes and not actual production changes.
You're mostly right in that, unlike some other manufacturers, Toyota doesn't often make model year changes outside of a facelift. However, it's happened before -- one that comes to mind is the change from plastic to glass sunroof panels for 2003, a year before the 2004 facelift. This is the kind of change we're talking about here, a small tweak to address a non-urgent concern. Whether Toyota has the time or the desire to integrate any of those into the 2007s is the question.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CornMOnkey said:
auto door un/lock...or lock and unlock. when you turn on the engine, doors automatically lock. when you turn off the engine, doors automtically unlock. just a convenience, not a necessity.
I would like the auto lock...but, the auto unlock, I feel...could be dangerous (especially for a woman driving alone at night).
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top