Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put a 2009-2012 rear bumper cover on a 2006-2008?

My 07 Rav I just bought has fender flares all around. The previous owner must have had dogs they let jump in the back so the rear bumper is pretty scratched up. I called the local Toyota dealer and gave them the VIN and they said that it didn't come with fender flares from the factory and I had to order the bumper and fender flares separate. Searching through the forums I found other users have had success with MBI auto bumpers on ebay and Amazon, however I can't find the 06-08 bumper with fender flares and tailgate mounted spare, only the 09-12 with flares and tailgate spare.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, unfortunately the rear bumper has too many scratches on it to be worth it to repair. Also, for some unknown reason the exhaust pipe was not properly positioned causing it to melt around the tailpipe exit. Both of those combined I figured it would be a better option to just replace. What I may end up doing is buying the paint matched 06-08 bumper and try to reuse my old fender flares on the new bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Only the Sport versions of '06-'08 models came with flares from the factory, Base and Limited don't have them. I did a search on Car-part based on your picture and there was this one. Looks like frontal damage only while the rear is fine.

Selection was:
  • Toyota RAV4
  • Bumper Assy (Rear) includes cover
  • extensions (fender flare)
Assembly usually includes the reinforcement bar as well. You can choose to search for Bumper Cover (Rear) instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts