Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking at finally moving on from my 1st gen rav which has been a great vehicle.

Quick question about 2007 model year. I have seen from various sources that this is not the best year for Ravs and wanted to ask you all about it.

I am looking into buying a 2007 Toyota RAV4 2.4L 4-cyl DOHC (MFI)---is this a model to stay a way from?

Thanks!
Any input appreciated!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hi all,

Looking at finally moving on from my 1st gen rav which has been a great vehicle.

Quick question about 2007 model year. I have seen from various sources that this is not the best year for Ravs and wanted to ask you all about it.

I am looking into buying a 2007 Toyota RAV4 2.4L 4-cyl DOHC (MFI)---is this a model to stay a way from?

Thanks!
Any input appreciated!!
Yes ,stay away oil consumption... 2009 or newer 2.5 engine.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Unless Toyota has rebuilt the engine run away from it.
What focus meant to say above is look for 2009 or NEWER with the 2.5l engine.

Reactions: focus123

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
V6 2008+ (2006-2007 had problems with the water pump)
I4 2009+ (2006-2008 had oil burning problems)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a 2007 V6. The rear bank oil line was replaced undwer warranty. It started leaking after about 9 years. So not bad. Fixed it with the new part. I ended up trading the vehicle in for a 2012 V6 as my engine had the dreaded timing chain slap on cold start up. It was cost prohibitive for me to fix it...even with me fixing it, the cost was not worth it. Oh yes, the water pump had been replaced once and that was it. No other issues.

Other than that, vehicle had been fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd say get a V6 if you can, it drives so much nicer and i'm told isn't that much worse on gas. My father in law had an 07 V6, had a few troubles (inc. transmission) but was a solid car. My 2010 V6 has been ok, at 80000km i had 3 shocks plus a wheel bearing and i've had a couple of electrical gremlins (backup camera not working in cold, radio tuner not working periodically) but now works well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts