Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2007 Toyota Rav4 Limited 4wd 4 cylinder and recently had an issue with stuck cd in the jbl 6 cd changer radio. While trying to fix it I pulled the 20A fuse while the radio was running and the cd player kind of disappeared from the radio screen. The fm/am radio is working perfectly fine but no signs of cd player and it says no discs even though there are 5 cds in the player.

Fyi, I was able to open the cd player and took the stuck cd out but can't figure out why the cd player is not showing/working. I have checked the fuses under the hood and inside the car but no luck so far. Is there a separate fuse just for cd player which separates it out from the FM radio? Please help!

·
Registered
41 Posts
today i took the upper lid off the rav4 Sat/nav system, cos on mine the cd-player sometimes worked and sometimes did not. i hooked the wires back on while the lid was off to see what happened. i cleaned the CD lens with a cotton stick and after that inserted the cd, could hear that the laser was working, zooming in and sliding but the cd did not start to spin, so i helped it to spin with a cotton stick. it started to work...spined and read the cd.

everything seemed to work fine. i took the cd out, and pushed back in.
seemed to work again.

but then i turn off the ignition and waited for a bit and tryed it all again.
the cd did not spin and the player sayd NO DISC.
helped it again to spin by pushing it with a cotton stick till it started to spin again by it self.

while it was spinning, i could hear a sound from the motor, it was not so smooth.

i think that the CD spinning motor is getting worn out.
you can buy a new motor and replace it.

it is this one https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1Yzbx...ercedes-navigation-Car-radio-.jpg_640x640.jpg

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...7.html?detailNewVersion=&categoryId=200000299
the picture on the left is exactly the one how it looks like in the player when the lid is off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts