Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

My '08 has two sheet metal screws holding my front plate to the plastic of the bumper cover. This strikes me as a bit tenuous at best.

I've dug around a fair bit and found lots of references with a part number pics etc for a 2009 front plate bracket, but nothing for an '08.

Before I just get the OEM bracket and pull Is this the same bracket as the '09 or is there other bracket or method for the 08 and earlier units?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tromper

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea if this mounts to a metal mount behind the bumper like the later ones do, or does this just screw onto the bumper cover directly?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
Any idea if this mounts to a metal mount behind the bumper like the later ones do, or does this just screw onto the bumper cover directly?
I'm not sure, I live in a rear plate only state. My front bumper cover has dimples where the screws are supposed to go. I always assumed there were corresponding holes in the metal behind them. The diagram for the bracket shows what look like plastic inserts and screws to go with them.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm not sure, I live in a rear plate only state. My front bumper cover has dimples where the screws are supposed to go. I always assumed there were corresponding holes in the metal behind them. The diagram for the bracket shows what look like plastic inserts and screws to go with them.
^^ Correct JuneBug, my 2008 Limited is that way / 2 top screws do thread through the plastic front bumper holes and into the structural metal core.

When we got our Rav4, the Toyota front licence plate - metal bolts were on the short side, once the dealer had added their black plastic outside edge plate cover, for free advertising (when new).
- but I kind of like it, says "Toyota Town"
I also stacked a clear Plexiglas licence plate protector ($10 item), on top...for added plate protection.

So I removed the two upper factory bolts & swapped them out with stainless steel screws (like 6 mm ??), in a longer variety.
Now my front license plate won't fall off (due to short factory bolts, after stacking up the plastic) or rust up with the longer s/s machine screws.
- I think, its a nice little mod...clean looking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts