Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Yesterday I used my tire pump using my cargo 12 volt rear socket.. I had pumped up 1 tire and then when I was pumping up the second one....the pump shut down..
I checked all the fuses and there are ok! , so I took out my jack in cargo (hidden space) and I was feeling the rear of the socket which felt flimsy...,so, I removed the black and white and white wire clipped behind the socket and checked with test light and there is nothing wrong with the power. So I tried to remove the socket and failed.....( how do you remove this socket please!!!)

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
Looking at an exploded view diagram, it appears that a sleeve is pushed into the panel. Then the outlet itself is pushed into the sleeve which expands in the panel. So, to remove it you would need to pull the outlet from the sleeve. Don't try to pull the sleeve from the hole in the panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! Yesterday I used my tire pump using my cargo 12 volt rear socket.. I had pumped up 1 tire and then when I was pumping up the second one....the pump shut down..
I checked all the fuses and there are ok! , so I took out my jack in cargo (hidden space) and I was feeling the rear of the socket which felt flimsy...,so, I removed the black and white and white wire clipped behind the socket and checked with test light and there is nothing wrong with the power. So I tried to remove the socket and failed.....( how do you remove this socket please!!!)
Thanks Junebug! I will go and check this out....thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts