Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am highly considering getting the 2008 Rav4 AWD V6 Sport with 130,000km (80778 miles)

A dealer has one listed at $14,000 CAD.

1) What is a fair price that I can probably negotiate to pay for this?
2) With regular maintenance, how what mileage can I expect to get from this Rav4?

* I own a 1991 Corolla with 316,000km and its still running well and its extremely cheap to maintain. I hope to get the same for my Rav4 purchase.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I was going to look at a 2008 V6 Sport with 80,000 km but it sold before I could see it on a weekend back in Feb. The car sold for $12,500 and came with extra snow tires on rims and a Thule bike rack in Guelph, Ontario. The car was clean with no accidents. If you live outside any of the big cities prices will be much much lower.

The RAV4 can last beyond 400,000 km.with proper maintenance. The 2.4 litre engine which burns oil should be avoided unless it was fixed.

I don't think you will get more than $500 trade in and there are not many for sale since most have gone to the junk yard grave yard long ago.

One last thing is research on this forum on the quality of these models. Toyota quality is not the same as in the 90's so don't assume anything and cheaper parts are causing more problems than the golden past of Toyota fame.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just picked up my 08 4wd v6 it has 130k mileage and I paid $10k , ( hard to find 4wd v6 down here) runs like new and I'm happy about it I hope it last as long as my landcruriser

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a 2008 Limited in Calgary last month for $14,300 (after tax) with 103,000 Kms. I'm new to the RAV4 and I'm hoping this vehicle lives up to my expectations.

I was actually looking for a CRV but changed my mind after I found no decent Hondas available. I am verry impressed with my RAV so far. Much more power than my '02 CRV plus better storage.

Illegitimis Non Carborundum

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think there is more than enough room to haggle on that price. I think they may have taken the trade in at around 9 grand. I doubt they would have given more for it. You can use the Canadian Black Book value to judge. Most dealers will not give top dollar for a trade in. I used to work at a Toyota dealer back when. I think what DL175 mentioned is a good price. $12,500 I'd start there and see. You can try your luck at 11,000 but I don't think they will bite.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

Well, it doesn't seem like I am the best haggler and probably overpaid just a tad.

In the end, I am happy with the deal as they put on New tires and Breaks on the Rav4.

So, I am a new owner of a 2008 Rav4 V6 Sport!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts