Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. About two week ago, I went to a local shop and changed my engine oil, transmission oil, brake fluid, and front & rear differential oil on my 2008 Rav4.
On the day the service was done, I felt my car was shaking so i brought it back to the shop. After inspections, mechanics told me that they can't seem to find anything, and told me to come back if it happens again or if i see any engine problem indicators on. The shaking problem went away somehow, and everything had been working fine until yesterday.
I was driving at about 40km/h then I realized that my transmission did not seem to shift up and running at 4-5k rpm when i tried to accelerate, and then CEL, VSC, and 4WD/TRAC went on intermediately, they were on for like a second then disappeared for 2 seconds and then on again for almost 1-2 minutes. I got scared and pulled over, but then everything is working properly again.
This morning I brought my car back to the local shop, and they checked everything and said couldnt find a problem except an U0131 error on their reader. Mechanics suggested me to take the car to Toyota dealership to have a re-calibration of some sort and have them inspected just to be safe.
My question is that if the indicator lights are not on and only happened once yesterday, should i be taking my car to the dealership? I know that dealership service can be very expensive, a simple inspection would cost over $100.:frown
Thanks for any response in advance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello everyone. About two week ago, I went to a local shop and changed my engine oil, transmission oil, brake fluid, and front & rear differential oil on my 2008 Rav4.
On the day the service was done, I felt my car was shaking so i brought it back to the shop. After inspections, mechanics told me that they can't seem to find anything, and told me to come back if it happens again or if i see any engine problem indicators on. The shaking problem went away somehow, and everything had been working fine until yesterday.
I was driving at about 40km/h then I realized that my transmission did not seem to shift up and running at 4-5k rpm when i tried to accelerate, and then CEL, VSC, and 4WD/TRAC went on intermediately, they were on for like a second then disappeared for 2 seconds and then on again for almost 1-2 minutes. I got scared and pulled over, but then everything is working properly again.
This morning I brought my car back to the local shop, and they checked everything and said couldnt find a problem except an U0131 error on their reader. Mechanics suggested me to take the car to Toyota dealership to have a re-calibration of some sort and have them inspected just to be safe.
My question is that if the indicator lights are not on and only happened once yesterday, should i be taking my car to the dealership? I know that dealership service can be very expensive, a simple inspection would cost over $100.

Thanks for any response in advance.
Sorry to hear of your issues. You need to verify exactly what fluids they put in your transmission and differentials. I for one would never have it done unless Toyota spec fluids are used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts