Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the alternator. What's the best one to buy? Should I purchase a new one or a remanufactured alternator?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I need to replace the alternator. What's the best one to buy? Should I purchase a new one or a remanufactured alternator?
Thanks
I’ve had good results with Denso and Bosch, but AC Delco has been good too. If you have the budget, you may want to consider new as not all rebuilds are the same - some would just have new electrical bits but they may not have done the bearings. If budget is a concern, you can consider getting a used part from the wrecking yard - that’s what I did as our parts prices are ridiculous in Canada. Net cost in my case was $60, after the core charge refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bigphil555

·
Registered
462 Posts
Most times rebuilt is almost as good as new. I would buy a rebuilt Denso without worries. Check Rock Auto for prices.

I bought a rebuilt alt that I got locally because I needed it quickly. Forget what brand, but not a Denso. The price was right with decent warranty. So far so good after 60,000 kms.

Ideally, if you could be without your vehicle for a few days, remove your alt and take it to a trusted rebuilder and have them rebuild it for much cheaper. Denso are good quality alt's and they seem to last forever.
Good luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts