Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 RAV4 has about 100K miles and just failed the 2nd oil consumption test. I'll be dropping it off at the dealer on Monday to be repaired. Are there any items I should ask them to check while the repair is being made?

·
Super Moderator
10,150 Posts
My 2008 RAV4 has about 100K miles and just failed the 2nd oil consumption test. I'll be dropping it off at the dealer on Monday to be repaired. Are there any items I should ask them to check while the repair is being made?
If it's like other such oil consumption repairs members have been thru the dealer will come up with a complete and expensive list of add-on "related" repairs you'll have to refuse.

·
Super Moderator
10,150 Posts
I'd suggest you post the list when you get it so we can comment and recommend.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm with Dr. D. In general, avoid any "upsells" during this repair. Best to focus on the issue at hand, that is the warranty coverage repair for the known oil burning problem. If they come up with more stuff, they should give you a couple of days to think about, but I'd go in saying 'just fix the problem' and try to stick to it.

Scroll on this link to the Camry website (same engine issue as the RAV) and you'll see some extra repairs and what were charged:
THE OFFICIAL 2002-2009 Camry 2.4 Liter 2AZFE/2AZFXE (Hybrid) Oil Consumption Thread - Page 125 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

At 100k miles you really shouldn't have many (or any) other major issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts