Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm wondering if anyone got a picture of the location of engine block drain plug for coolant. i've been looking in front area of engine but it seems i can't find it. i hope someone could help. thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like you, I was unable to find any block drain in the 2009+ I4 engine. I scoured this forum and the pictures I found were for v6 or earlier/different I4 engines, found nothing in the Toyota service manual, looked all over the engine, so... I'm 97% sure there is no block drain on this engine. However, I would be happy if someone else finds it! FWIW, using the radiator drain I got all but 1.2 quarts out based on the listed capacity.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i already talk to that guy on the youtube video. He said he has no access to a 2009 model so he can't check. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think 2008 and 2009 or other 3.4 version has the same engine but different outline. I talk to our family friend mechanic who teaches me doing maintenance, he said that the drain plug for the engine block is probably at the back side of the engine but not an advisable to use it to drain the engine block as the coolant might corrode the switch bolt and make more damage but rather use the lower hose coming from the engine to the radiator. Same concept but lesser damage if something went wrong.

·
Registered
403 Posts
i already talk to that guy on the youtube video. He said he has no access to a 2009 model so he can't check. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think 2008 and 2009 or other 3.4 version has the same engine but different outline. I talk to our family friend mechanic who teaches me doing maintenance, he said that the drain plug for the engine block is probably at the back side of the engine but not an advisable to use it to drain the engine block as the coolant might corrode the switch bolt and make more damage but rather use the lower hose coming from the engine to the radiator. Same concept but lesser damage if something went wrong.
As stated earlier the 2008 is 2.4L, the 2009 and forward are 2.5L and are not the same engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts