1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
If you bought it for $4500 then that is a very good price even with the two accident. Condition looks good and V6 model too. Looks like the Sport model which is the same year like mine but yours is the SAP which has no spare tire. These have run flat tires which gives it a harsh ride on top of the stiff Sport suspension. You can always switch to standard tires but you will not have a spare tire.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you bought it for $4500 then that is a very good price even with the two accident. Condition looks good and V6 model too. Looks like the Sport model which is the same year like mine but yours is the SAP which has no spare tire. These have run flat tires which gives it a harsh ride on top of the stiff Sport suspension. You can always switch to standard tires but you will not have a spare tire.
Yes..i see you are correct about the spare...the lady we bought it from is a spinster n we actually got itfor 3700.00.....she like us...LOL
It runs great....not much rear end bearing noise...very clean with a few minor body repairs that we will het done....her brother highly suggezted that she gives up her license...maintenance records are great!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
That price is even better. The V6 is harder to find in some places. Enjoy your car and with proper maintenance it should last a long time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey while we are on the subject...is it me or does anybody else feel that the throttle response is too touchy off of idol?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Hey while we are on the subject...is it me or does anybody else feel that the throttle response is too touchy off of idol?
It is like that and takes a bit of time to get use to. Need to adjust your foot pressure so not to make it jerky.

·
Registered
2007 sport v6 203k miles
63 Posts
Yes. This was how I felt when I first got my rav4. I used to be able To rest my foot on the gas pedal in my old car. It took some time to get used to.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
I've heard you can replace the accelerator pedal with one from a 2011-2012, where they toned it down. Only 2 bolts and it's plug and play.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
I may look that up...probly an arm n leg...lol
Around $85 from online Toyota parts dealers. The part numbers are different depending on Japan or Canada built.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Get a pedal from a wrecking/salvage/used auto parts yard - or even Ebay. For something like that I'd have no issue buying used.
And yes, you got a deal. :)
Hopefully the rust isn't too bad.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
It is $312 CAD here in Canada. 🙁 Rockauto have 3 aftermarket brands that are much lower in price. Has anyone tried an aftermarket pedal on a V6 (2009 or earlier)?

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have tested this one, from Amazon. Only $73 and it worked the same way as the one on my 2011 car. Since it was no improvement, I sent it back.

BTW, my car started to behave more normally after I have drained and refilled the transmission, front transfer case and read differential.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I have tested this one, from Amazon. Only $73 and it worked the same way as the one on my 2011 car. Since it was no improvement, I sent it back.

BTW, my car started to behave more normally after I have drained and refilled the transmission, front transfer case and read differential.
Thanks for the reply. There must be another alternative to this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is $312 CAD here in Canada. 🙁 Rockauto have 3 aftermarket brands that are much lower in price. Has anyone tried an aftermarket pedal on a V6 (2009 or earlier)?
Off subject....but i have to ask...you guys in Canada must be makin 30-40 bucks an hour on average...if not...i sure as h€[[ dont understand how anybody can afford anything....

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
By no improvement, do you mean it was still too sensitive and touchy?
Yes, it was acting still touchy. Same like with the OE. I actually looked at the Techstream sensor voltages, there are two sensors, going in opposite directions - one increasing and one decreasing with the gas pedal depressing. Both pedals seemed to have the same min, medium and max values on both channels (tested without engine running of course, just the contact on).

What I discovered though is that, after I changed the transfer case fluid (the case attached to the transmission) and the rear diff fluid, the symptoms seem to ameliorate a lot. I am not finding the same jerkiness when I press the gas.
The rear fluid was fine, but the transfer case one it was very weird in color. Cloudy like. I was wondering if maybe some of the transmission fluid seeped into the transfer case and affected the friction.
Since the rear diff is engaged at every start-up, a jerkiness engaging of the front transfer case would be sent to rear wheels. I am not sure, I plan to drain again the transfer case to see if the fluid remained clear. I used 75W90 synthetic this time.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
Yes, it was acting still touchy. Same like with the OE. I actually looked at the Techstream sensor voltages, there are two sensors, going in opposite directions - one increasing and one decreasing with the gas pedal depressing. Both pedals seemed to have the same min, medium and max values on both channels (tested without engine running of course, just the contact on).

What I discovered though is that, after I changed the transfer case fluid (the case attached to the transmission) and the rear diff fluid, the symptoms seem to ameliorate a lot. I am not finding the same jerkiness when I press the gas.
Well that wouldn't help those of us with FWD. No transfer case, propeller shaft or rear diff.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts