Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I own a 2009 rav4 sport with the 4 cylinder engine. A week ago I was driving and the water pump went. I towed it into the shop and they informed me I need a new engine. The price was 7500 for a used and 17000 for new. The engine only had 220000km on it. The engine will turn over just sounds really slow like it's not getting power. I check the fuel pump battery spark plugs all appear to be good.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
If your engine was good before the water pump failure and unless it overheated badly it would seem that your engine should still be fine. It may be that the dealer is trying to fund his mortgage on a mansion property overseas and it preying upon people such as you to help him do so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just hand a friend come over and we where looking at it once more we pulled the plugs and tried to start to double check if the plugs where working and we found the antifreeze inside when we started it. So the head gasket went but the block appears fine. No oil mixed with antifreeze. He will be calling a friend of his to see how much for the fix will be

1 - 3 of 3 Posts