Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
09’ Toyota RAV4 I4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09’ RAV4 4-cylinder 2.4L Base model, and I have been experiencing some different movements while in the middle of a turn. The only way I can describe it, is it tends to sway/ drift while initiating the turn if I hit a small bump or anything. Nothing has been replaced mechanically related to suspension. I am open to comments and suggestions!
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar feeling in my rav and I had to have a part replaced which solved the problem. I believe it was an rear toe arm bushing replaced due to a bushing being bad. I cant find the receipt to confirm, but I know the that stopped the feeling that you are having.

·
Registered
09’ Toyota RAV4 I4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar feeling in my rav and I had to have a part replaced which solved the problem. I believe it was an rear toe arm bushing replaced due to a bushing being bad. I cant find the receipt to confirm, but I know the that stopped the feeling that you are having.
Thanks, that’s good to know! I’ll look into that specifically to see if that fixes the problem. I looked at sway bar kits, hoping that a few small upgrades can improve the handling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts