Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have 2009 rav4 v6 with 95,000 mils on it. Works great. I was planning to change the PCV valve . I ordered the part # 12204-31120. This is the same part number marked on the PCV valve that is on the vehicle.
However, the color of the valve on my vehicle seems to be black while the one i purchased is steel in color. while both are from same company and share same part # , there is a 3 letter/number display written on on side of the valve. These are different for both valves. The one I purchased has it as "6H8" the one on the vehicle has "9G6". Everything else is the same. Has anyone faced this issue? Please see attached images to see what I mean.

Thank you.
Pavan

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
No worries the parts are the same but I do wonder why you're replacing a lifetime part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the car is approaching 100k miles , I felt it's a good time to service or change PCV valve. Since a clogged one can lead to bigger problems like broken head gasket seal , higher oil consumption etc. hence before I install wanted to see if both parts are same as if they are not they cause problems ( may be different pcv valves are designed to open at different pressure). Hence the post .

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I'm willing to bet they are date codes. The original was made in 2008 and the new one in 2016.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts