Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife accidentally backed into something, so we need to replace the rear bumper cover on our 2009 Rav4, Base Model, 4 cyl. A new, painted to match the classic silver metal (1F7), shipped to my door ebay bumper for about $225 seems like a solid deal, but I am tempted to try local auto junk yards first. The dealership said the Part # is [FONT=&quot]521[FONT=&quot]5[/FONT]9-0R901 and based on my research this is the non-flare with spare tire. What year range(s) was this rear bumper cover compatible? 09-12 or even more?

Any other feedback on whether I should junk yard hunt or pay the $225 for new shipped to my door? I've never junk yard hunted before, so I have no idea of cost for a used bumper and the odds of finding one. At least it's the super common Toyota Silver...

This youtube video makes it look pretty easy[FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]

Thank you in advance![/FONT]

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I would think the Toyota ones are higher quality then the aftermarket ones. I know one junkyard in my area that removes the bumpers off the cars 10 - 12 years or newer. It is worth calling them to see if they have them and compare the cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts