Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

200K on 2020 Hybrid XSE...

4922 Views 29 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  IveBeenRued
Google presented this link to me this morning. I'm not in that Reddit or FB group but apparently the guy has been updating every 10K and has recently reached 200K on his 2020 Hybrid XSE. Very cool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Toyota/comments/pwj3zq
Reactions: 4
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Nice! Hopefully my 2019 is as trouble free as his. Currently at 65k and no issues.
Very nice! Best use for hybrid. I wish he shared what's his average mileage. Also who uses reddit these days. Based on the comment sections there it looks like its overrun by teenagers.
With a guesstimate of his 2020 being purchased in Oct 2019, to present month, that would be 24 months. That would be about 8333K per month. Between Oct 1 2019 and Sept 29 2021, that would be 729 days. That would be 1142.67 miles per days including Saturday and Sunday. 1142.67 divided by 24 hours in the day, and you get 47.61 miles driven per hour.
Unless there are multiple drivers and multiple shifts, I don't see someone driving 24 hours per day. So if an individual was using the car for work and commute, lets say an 8 hour day and an hour commute one way. That's a 10 hour trip per day. Let's also say that they work 7 days a week. So 1142.67 divided by 10 and we get 114.27 miles per hour.

Either we have a car that is used for work and is actually used 24 hours per day, the 47.61 mph is possible. The 114.27 mph is quite a bit unlikely. Now, if it's actually 200,000 kilometers, that would only be 124,300 miles. This is a whole lot more believable regardless if it's a hybrid or gas version.
See less See more
Reactions: 1
With a guesstimate of his 2020 being purchased in Oct 2019, to present month, that would be 24 months. That would be about 8333K per month. Between Oct 1 2019 and Sept 29 2021, that would be 729 days. That would be 1142.67 miles per days including Saturday and Sunday. 1142.67 divided by 24 hours in the day, and you get 47.61 miles driven per hour.
Unless there are multiple drivers and multiple shifts, I don't see someone driving 24 hours per day. So if an individual was using the car for work and commute, lets say an 8 hour day and an hour commute one way. That's a 10 hour trip per day. Let's also say that they work 7 days a week. So 1142.67 divided by 10 and we get 114.27 miles per hour.

Either we have a car that is used for work and is actually used 24 hours per day, the 47.61 mph is possible. The 114.27 mph is quite a bit unlikely. Now, if it's actually 200,000 kilometers, that would only be 124,300 miles. This is a whole lot more believable regardless if it's a hybrid or gas version.
From what I understand/have read, he is in the medical/organ transport business and he basically just drives all over the country transporting donated organs and body parts to different hospitals and such.
From his posts it looks like he drives roughly 10,000 miles per month.
So for worse case scenario of a 31 day month, that would be about 322 mile per day. That's a lot of driving per day. I hope he has a decent amount of audio books and/or podcasts to listen to. Music for that long would get on my nerves.
That's a lot of driving. Eleven months today on my '21 and I hit 6050 today.
... Now, if it's actually 200,000 kilometers, that would only be 124,300 miles. This is a whole lot more believable regardless if it's a hybrid or gas version.
Nutz or photoshopped. The Odometer clearly is in MILES.
Vehicle Automotive design Sports equipment Auto part Electronic device
See less See more
Maybe 34 Round Trip Cannonball Runs?
200,000miles / 2,906 (1way Cannonball Run) = 68.82 trips
68.82/2 = 34.41 Roundtrip Cannonball Runs.

New York City's Red Ball Garage to the Portofino Hotel in Redondo Beach near Los Angeles, a distance of about 2,906 miles
I'm buying the owners story because I drive a lot of miles as well, but not like him. Self employed and every time I step out the door its 150 to 250 miles. Do that 3 to 4 times a week. He/she is in the medical transport business, all they do is drive, all day and sometimes evenings long. If he/she is averaging 300 miles a day, 6 days a week, its possible. You would need at least one day off a week to get a butt massage.

I think you’re overcomplicating this (or there’s a math error). 200,000 miles in 729 days is simply 200000/729 = 274 miles/day. Seems pretty achievable to me, considering the occupation.
I think you’re overcomplicating this (or there’s a math error). 200,000 miles in 729 days is simply 200000/729 = 274 miles/day. Seems pretty achievable to me, considering the occupation.
Yea, I was going to stop at the miles per day but I was curious of the average speed made any sense. Thanks for following my math.
Your assumption is that he does that 7 days a week but if we assume he actually takes weekends off then it's 400 miles per day or roughly 8 hours (full work day) of driving 5 days a week assuming ~60 mph average. (Numbers are rounded) It's probably normal daily mileage that truckers do daily.

Actually truckers do much more

Your assumption is that he does that 7 days a week but if we assume he actually takes weekends off then it's 400 miles per day or roughly 8 hours (full work day) of driving 5 days a week assuming ~60 mph average. (Numbers are rounded) It's probably normal daily mileage that truckers do daily.

Actually truckers do much more

The photo he posted shows he's cruising at 70mph when it hit 200k.

I bet he has some type of butt support because I can't imagine driving that much with the original seat.
His reported maintenance is surprising. 200k and no suspension work. No ball joints, shocks, cv boots,or cv joints, rubber sway bar bushings etc. Also no reported ICE spark plug replacement, no water pump replacement. No A/C servicing. Also very hard to believe he is still using the original rear brake pads!
There's a moderator on the Accord forum who is a courier. He has a thread where he posts mileage. For example, in 3 months he has done 52k miles. He has 622k on his Accord, first engine replaced at 261k due to an over rev. He posts all the maintenance, tire replacements, transmission replacements, etc. I would think that wear and tear in a hybrid would be different other than tires.
These guys are doing a lot of highway miles in predominately a straight line. Less stress on the car than the average driver. Brakes will last longer for sure, not much stop and go traffic when you are cruising up and down highways all day. Just putting on the miles.
These guys are doing a lot of highway miles in predominately a straight line. Less stress on the car than the average driver. Brakes will last longer for sure, not much stop and go traffic when you are cruising up and down highways all day. Just putting on the miles.
OK-but 200k miles on the original rear brake pads? PLEASE... It doesn't matter if a car is a gas model or hybrid and driving exclusively on a highway or in the city--200k is a heck of a lot of miles and no OEM pads are going to last that long.
Miles is not an indicator. I had 2005 Rav4 with 110K and it was badly worn out. Lots of short trips, stop and go traffic, lots of winter salt. I could have had that many miles in 3 years highway driving and it would have been like new.

Proper way to gauge engine wear is run time and number of cold starts, like they do in airplanes and boats.

200K of highway miles should be pretty normal for hybrid brakes. I think breaks should last even longer with that kind of driving. I replaced my 05 Rav4 brakes at 90K.
Talked to a taxi driver in southern Florida about maintenance requirements for their fleet of Prius. He said they get around 100k out of a set of pads in a mostly urban environment but didn't elaborate if just front or both. Most braking energy is transferred into electricity so why wouldn't friction brakes last? Lived in a hilly urban area for many years and rarely had to replace brake pads and shoes on our manual transmission vehicles due to wear.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.