Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the last month ive had the "pleasure" of driving all three of these year Rav4...

2010 Sport
2013 LE
2016 XLE

Figured I would give my quick impressions and some noticeable differences.

Quick back story on why:

Bought 2010 last month and had a bad knocking in motor. Drove it for less than 2 weeks and got the dealer to take it back full price and got into the 2013 (current vehicle). 2013 door fabric was separating and before purchase got the dealer to agree to fix it. This ended up having to take an independent upholstery company coming in and replacing all 4 doors with a new vinyl material instead of fabric. (came out great! Very happy with the look. Much better than that crappy fabric). During that time they gave me a 2016 XLE as a loaner.

Quick impressions about the main differences I noticed:

Seats:
2010 Sport: Loved the seats. Fit my body great. No complaints about them.
2013 LE: Seats not as supportive as the 2010 Sport but still feel good and no real complaints about them.
2016 XLE: Hated the seats. Seat bottom was way too small for my rear end and I felt like I was sitting on the bolsters. Im not a huge person at 194 lbs. Felt like I was really hunched in the seats. Hurt my back.

Suspension:
2010 Sport: REALLY firm suspension. I dont mind that, it gives good steering input. But it was a hair too firm.
2013 LE: Firm suspension. Good steering feedback. I enjoy it. Feels just right for what I want.
2016 XLE: Super soft suspension. Not sure what is different about it but it was extremely soft. Horrible steering input compared to the other years. Lots of body sway in corners and just not good responsive steering because of it. Soaked up bumps great though.

Interior: (obviously gets more refined/nicer with newer models)
2010 Sport: utility, decent basic interior. Visor extensions, glasses holder, power outlets where you want them.
2013 LE: More refined interior. Odd dash but its more modern. Bluetooth, backup cam, usb etc. No visor extensions which i really want back. No glasses holder which I dont use anyways. Loss of some power outlets, specifically in the hatch area. :(
2016 XLE: Little more refined interior, more updated display items (XLE upgrade over LE I assume), return of glasses holder and visor extensions. I did not notice if power outlet was returned to the hatch area. I dont think it was though.

One note on the 2016. It had auto lift gate. Neat feature, did not work like Id want though so I am glad i dont have it on my 2013. Hit the button and it opened. It did not open all the way though. I thought it was Odd I could not walk under the gate. I had to use my arms and really push up to get it to open the rest of the way so I wouldnt hit my head on it.

Those were the main differences I noticed in my short time driving all three. There were of course other minor little things, but these were the most glaring to me personally.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Excellent review, thank you. The 2016 power hatch is adjustable, so that situation is just until you set the height to where you prefer it, and make sure it clears the garage door and all. (it remembers / stores the opening height)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent review, thank you. The 2016 power hatch is adjustable, so that situation is just until you set the height to where you prefer it, and make sure it clears the garage door and all. (it remembers / stores the opening height)
Ah! Now that makes sense! Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How many power outlets were there on each of these models? I just got a 2013 XLE and as far as I can tell there's only one 12 V aux power outlet, which seems surprising.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
How many power outlets were there on each of these models? I just got a 2013 XLE and as far as I can tell there's only one 12 V aux power outlet, which seems surprising.
The 2012 had 3 power outlets, one on the dash under the A/C panel, one in the center console, and one in the cargo area. It had one USB and one AUX in jack.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The 2012 had 3 power outlets, one on the dash under the A/C panel, one in the center console, and one in the cargo area. It had one USB and one AUX in jack.
Three is a better number, they should have stuck with that.

I have the 2013 RAV4 Limited. I have 2 12V power outlets here.
Where is the second one? I'm in a '13 XLE and (I believe) there's just one in the dash, unless there's one hidden somewhere that I haven't discovered yet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a 2013 Limited and there are 2 12V outlets below the AC controls, see blue arrows on my screenshot.
There is also a USB port and a AUX port, see yellow arrow on screenshot.
Unfortunately, no power outlets for rear passengers...
20170327_005222.png

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have a 2013 Limited and there are 2 12V outlets below the AC controls, see blue arrows on my screenshot.
There is also a USB port and a AUX port, see yellow arrow on screenshot.
Unfortunately, no power outlets for rear passengers...
View attachment 93858

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy
Mine have the same plus another outlet at back of center console for rear passengers. Going to add another outlet in trunk area when weather gets warmer. Not decided whether it's going to be "switched" or "unswitched". Maybe adding a switch to select between the two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts