Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 RAV4 heater has stopped directing air to the various vent outlets. I have removed the 3-dial control panel to inspect the air vent control knob and connected wire and this looks good. I can hear “flaps” moving as i move the control knob but this doesn’t direct air to the various vents. Fan control is working and increases in intensity with each higher setting but air seems to be blowing in behind the dash? Has anyone experienced this issue and what is the remedy?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
It could be a number of reason but you should use the search to find out before posting. Check the cabin filter for animal nesting, check flaps are working, check blower motor, and check resistor for blower. There are many threads that deal with this topic with solutions. The flaps could be blocked in your case if everything seems find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be a number of reason but you should use the search to find out before posting. Check the cabin filter for animal nesting, check flaps are working, check blower motor, and check resistor for blower. There are many threads that deal with this topic with solutions. The flaps could be blocked in your case if everything seems find.
I checked the previous posts but couldn’t find anything directly related. Blower motor is working fine. I checked the cable connections at the control knob and this is fine. Problem seemed to correct itself after my last investigation but then re-occurred shortly after. It seems that the flaps are not moving as intended and I’m not sure how to verify this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts