Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
In the I4, there is no "Fuel Pump Relay". The FP is operated when the C/OPN relay operates. The ECM provides the power through the C/OPN contacts to operate the FP .

The V6 has one small change from the I4. Instead of the C/OPN contacts feeding the FP, the C/OPN feeds a F/PMP relay. This relay is only used to remove a series resistor from the FP when starting, and to place the resistor back in series once the engine is running. Both the power to operate the coil, and operate the FP comes from the ECM as it does in the I4. This resistor in mounted in the middle of the firewall, directly below the windshield. The F/PMP relay is located in the relay box, under the hood, on the left side.

In both engines the coil of the C/OPN relay is powered from the 7.5A IGN fuse, and the relay is located in the interior relay panel (close to the drivers left knee). The relay operates when the ECM applies ground to the other side of the coil.

Summary: With both engines, the voltage that powers the fuel pump comes from the +B and +B2 terminals of the ECM. There is not a FP fuse.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the I4, there is no "Fuel Pump Relay". The FP is operated when the C/OPN relay operates. The ECM provides the power through the C/OPN contacts to operate the FP .

The V6 has one small change from the I4. Instead of the C/OPN contacts feeding the FP, the C/OPN feeds a F/PMP relay. This relay is only used to remove a series resistor from the FP when starting, and to place the resistor back in series once the engine is running. Both the power to operate the coil, and operate the FP comes from the ECM as it does in the I4. This resistor in mounted in the middle of the firewall, directly below the windshield. The F/PMP relay is located in the relay box, under the hood, on the left side.

In both engines the coil of the C/OPN relay is powered from the 7.5A IGN fuse, and the relay is located in the interior relay panel (close to the drivers left knee). The relay operates when the ECM applies ground to the other side of the coil.

Summary: With both engines, the voltage that powers the fuel pump comes from the +B and +B2 terminals of the ECM. There is not a FP fuse.

Hi, I know this is old so sorry for reviving this post. I am having an issue with my 2007 Toyota Rav4 base. I was doing some wiring yesterday and something shorted out. My ODB fuse and radio fuse were burnt. I changed them but now the vehicle cranks (strong) on a good battery but doesn't start. The ODB has power but my device says no link.
From what I read this can be fuel pump relay, C/OPN relay or EFI relay. Nothing. Under the hood I don't see anything about C/OPN or EFI. I do see the legend says F/PUMP but theres no relay or spot for the relay there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts